Richard Taylor - Books

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by rail, Jul 4, 2012.

1. rail

rail New Member

I enjoy reading Richard Taylor's books. Does anyone else read his writings about bees?

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

I managed to snag a copy of his book, "The Comb Honey Book". :thumbsup:

3. bee stung

bee stung New Member

I could not tell you who writes what , yes I do read a lot but never look at who writes them

4. blueblood

blueblood New Member

I almost picked one of his books up last week at the book store. I am enjoying two others I picked up: "The Backyard Beekeepers Honey Handbook" by Kim Flottum and "Bees & Bee-Keeping" by Derek Hall. And of course, while "Bee Keeping for Dummies" is a little outdated, I like that one...

5. Marbees

Marbees Member

Excellent choice rail:thumbsup: If I had to choose only one beekeeping author it would be Richard Taylor.
    Unfortunately, his books are very rare and expensive:I paid 30 british pounds for The Joys of Beekeeping, $94.95 for The How-To-Do-It Book of Beekeeping, and $74.95 for The New Comb Honey Book. (all on e-bay)
    The How To.... book is signed by the author, with best wishes to certain Margaret Lavallee:smile:
    These books and Jay Smith`s Better Queens are my holy books of beekeeping.

6. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

the joys of beekeeping is one of my favorite books. not only is it well written it gives a nice account of what a beekeeper does in a year.

I quite often recommend this book to 'moms' who have children that are interested in beekeeping or bees as a nicely written and descriptive text. it is also concise enough that young folks are unlikely to get extremely bored from excessive detail of some books.

7. Marbees

Marbees Member

tecumseh, you are a real gem, what an observation:thumbsup: Hope the author received such a nice compliment while alive.

8. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

to marsbee...

it was also enlightening reading some of Mr Taylor's responses in the old bee magazines to 'opinions' folks sent in in regards to his writings. I would guess you would not have wanted to have an argument with Mr Taylor for any reason because on several occasions it was extremely difficult to tell if he was tossing a person a compliment or giving them a tongue lashing.