robot bees anyone.....

Discussion in 'Bee News' started by tecumseh, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

sorry but thats just moronic, why not waste all that $ they are sinking into that project on something else..... say saving the real honeybee:frustrated: why is it the human race thinks they can do it better then nature and evolution.

2. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

well my sentiments exactly zookeep.... it would seem to me that for every technological fix you also take on a long list of problems associated with that technology.... often time the problems inherited are several fold larger than the problem the technology was designed to fix. I guess I am just another Luddite?

3. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Hmmm...sad....but interesting. I Googled a bit about this and found an article that would indicate to me there is a trend. This one is about zoo animals:http://discovermagazine.com/2012/sep/25-tomorrows-zoo-cloned-dodos-and-cyborg-giraffes.

Had a second thought on this, figures that energies, time and resources would be poured into this instead of working on the suspected culprit, neonicotinoid insecticides. Word. (<--80's terminology popping out) :smile:

4. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Imagine what it will be like when the robotic bees get hit by robotic varroa!! :roll:

5. kebee

kebee Active Member

Well I would like to have one to find out where my bees go to get honey and pollen, I see them bring it in but don't know from where, now if this robot bee could have a map maker in it I am for one.

Kebee