So because I haven't made enough mistakes with my first hive I decided to try another one!!! A few weeks ago I checked the hive and we had a medium full of honey. Mrs. 56 asked if we could harvest and bottle it the next weekend. So I put the bee escape board on it right then so I would have it cleared of bees that following weekend. Well one thing after another piled up and we weren't able to harvest. I figured what the heck, I'd just leave the escape on the hive. About half way through the following week i realized we weren't going to be able harvest again so i took the escape off and let the bees back up there. That week and half was just enough time for the two or three SHBs that seem to always be in the hive to lay eggs and needless to say when we harvested today..... big surprise! Cost us about half a super..... live and learn I guess!!