rotissiere chicken

Discussion in 'Dinner Recipes' started by barry42001, Dec 7, 2010.

1. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

First off forgive me if I misspelled rotissiere but don't have to spell it often.
    I use chicken quarters, and clean them of the excess fat, pat them dry and in a bowl add a cup of grated parmeasian cheese, cumin to taste, poultry seasoning, Adobo seasoned salt, garlic powder, dried dill weed, oregano. I place the quarters in the mix, and tourghly coat them, and shake excess off, oil the cage you are using to cook the chicken in the rotissiere, and place chicken in, set timer for 2 hours, depending on wieght of the chicken generally the whole quarters are rather large, so your cooking over 5 lbs of chicken that works out to about 2 hours. I also slice up 2 onions in medium small slices and place them under the chicken, with sliced tomato prior to placing in oven with chicken I use them to used up the rest of the mix,and as stated place under the now rotating chicken. periodically I check out the vegetables moving them around so as to not have burn or stick to the drip pan cover. allow chicken to sit after cokking done for about 10 to 15 minutes so the juices re-distribute. Mi gustaria invatar et comer con mi. Mi gusta mucho
    :drinks:
    Barry

2. Arnold

Arnold New Member

Spit Roasted Chicken
    The bacon and the butter help to keep this rotisserie chicken moist and give it an old world fire roasted taste. This is as traditional as it gets when it comes to rotisserie chicken.
    Ingredients:
    • 1 whole chicken, about 5 pounds
    • 4 slices bacon
    • 3 tablespoons butter
    • salt and pepper to taste
    Preparation:
    Sprinkle the inside of the chicken with the salt and pepper. Truss the chicken. Place securely on rotisserie skewer. Dry thoroughly with paper towels. Rub with butter and sprinkle with salt. Blanch bacon in boiling water for one minute. Secure the strips of bacon over the breast and thighs with string. Preheat your grill and prepare you rotisserie. Place a drip pan under the place where the chicken will be and fill it half full with water. Keep water in this pan during the cooking rime. Place chicken on grill with a medium heat. Cook until the center of one breast reached 165 degrees F. about 2 hours. Remove bacon about 15 minutes before the chicken is done and baste with drippings from the pan.