Rough week

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rast, Oct 10, 2009.

1. rast

rast New Member

My wife totaled her Explorer this week. I was about 50yrds. behind her in my truck and got to watch it all. Very scary. A truck turned left right in front of her, she t-boned it. About 1 second of brakes, the kaboom, and pieces flying everywhere. I had to almost shove some well meaning people out of the way to get to her. Hospital said nothing broken, just sprains and some whiplash. She is a great beliver in airbags now even if it did friction burn the inside of her arms.
    Just about when I had a good head of steam built up in ER, they decided to let me go back and set with her. Naturally there was no room avalable, in a hall, on a gurney, lined up with others.
    Then the insurance company.
    Like I said, rough week. But thankfull.

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Dang, Rast, hope she's all right. I thought it was bad when I poured a pot of boiling water across my wrist, blistering 4 inches of my arm. I feel lucky now, in comparison.

3. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Hope she is alright and a speedy recovery to her.

That had to be scary to see it in front of you and not be able to do anything about it.

I am a believer in air bags also after a lady hit me head on, liked to of tore my thumbs off and carpet burns on my wrist, never did find my glasses.

G3

4. Charles

Charles New Member

Wow sorry to hear about that rast, hope things start going your way. Never been face to face with an airbag yet and hoping to keep it that way...

5. Hobie

Hobie New Member

That is a sound you won't forget for a long time... I know.

Make sure she takes it slow. I had whiplash injuries after some yahoo decided to pass a van pulling a boat on a blind curve and met me. I also had very sore wrists from where I apparently braced myself on the wheel. Anyway, the sore neck and neck mobility was a long time in healing. I had one chiropractor that did more harm than good. Lesson learned: If what the doctor is doing just "doesn't seem right" to her, she should get up and walk out, and find another. In later stages, a yoga class helped me a lot.

6. asprince

asprince New Member

In 1996 I was t-boned by a drunk driver. Broke my right arm (surgery and steel plate for fix), broke my back, and a concussion. Trust me, an insurance company is NOT your friend. Don't trust them.

Hope your wife is doing well,

Steve

7. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

humm..

I was reared on the knee of my dad's best friend who was for as long as I can remember first the DA and later a federal judge... he told me time and time again I should get up every day and pray that neither the doctors nor lawyers get to ya' TODAY (there was an unstated suggestion that eventually they would get ya' anyway). I guess he should have added insurance folks to the list. Then again... the insurance folks are kind of a composite/group of lawyers and doctors anyway?