Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife totaled her Explorer this week. I was about 50yrds. behind her in my truck and got to watch it all. Very scary. A truck turned left right in front of her, she t-boned it. About 1 second of brakes, the kaboom, and pieces flying everywhere. I had to almost shove some well meaning people out of the way to get to her. Hospital said nothing broken, just sprains and some whiplash. She is a great beliver in airbags now even if it did friction burn the inside of her arms.
Just about when I had a good head of steam built up in ER, they decided to let me go back and set with her. Naturally there was no room avalable, in a hall, on a gurney, lined up with others.
Then the insurance company.
Like I said, rough week. But thankfull.

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Dang, Rast, hope she's all right. I thought it was bad when I poured a pot of boiling water across my wrist, blistering 4 inches of my arm. I feel lucky now, in comparison.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Hope she is alright and a speedy recovery to her.

That had to be scary to see it in front of you and not be able to do anything about it.

I am a believer in air bags also after a lady hit me head on, liked to of tore my thumbs off and carpet burns on my wrist, never did find my glasses.

G3

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
That is a sound you won't forget for a long time... I know.

Make sure she takes it slow. I had whiplash injuries after some yahoo decided to pass a van pulling a boat on a blind curve and met me. I also had very sore wrists from where I apparently braced myself on the wheel. Anyway, the sore neck and neck mobility was a long time in healing. I had one chiropractor that did more harm than good. Lesson learned: If what the doctor is doing just "doesn't seem right" to her, she should get up and walk out, and find another. In later stages, a yoga class helped me a lot.

·
Registered
12 Posts
In 1996 I was t-boned by a drunk driver. Broke my right arm (surgery and steel plate for fix), broke my back, and a concussion. Trust me, an insurance company is NOT your friend. Don't trust them.

Hope your wife is doing well,

Steve

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
humm..

I was reared on the knee of my dad's best friend who was for as long as I can remember first the DA and later a federal judge... he told me time and time again I should get up every day and pray that neither the doctors nor lawyers get to ya' TODAY (there was an unstated suggestion that eventually they would get ya' anyway). I guess he should have added insurance folks to the list. Then again... the insurance folks are kind of a composite/group of lawyers and doctors anyway?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts