royalty pictures

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by pistolpete, Jul 12, 2013.

1. pistolpete

pistolpete New Member

Here are a few pictures I snapped about a month ago. Some queens are easy to find :) queen1.jpg queen2.jpg beeonmaple.jpg beeonhcerry.jpg bee2oncherry.jpg

2. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

Nice photos Pete. You are right about some queens standing out especial when her daughters have the brown and black striped abdomen and she is so much oranger. If her offspring looked like the bees with the flowers she would be harder to find.
    Thanks for sharing.

3. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Great pics! I am having troubles with the macro pics but still working on it.

4. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

I used to always love the really dark or black ones, but have since come to appreciate the light coloured ones for the very reason you mention, easier to spot! :thumbsup:

5. Mosti

Mosti New Member

Beautiful images, thanks for sharing.

6. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

G3 try this.
    Click on the picture thumb nail then click on the picture and you will loose the windows frame hold down your Ctrl key on the keyboard and scroll your mouse wheel to increase of decrease the picture size. See if this works for you It works in both Firefox and Explorer.

7. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Apis, thank you for that :thumbsup: but I am talking about with my camera taking pics :lol: