Sad News

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Iddee, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Iddee

Iddee New Member

I just received word that Bill Samples, of ultra breeze bee suits, passed away Monday, June 7th, of a heart attack.

My condolences to his family. We will miss him.

There is a thread on BS concerning it, if you want to go there.

http://www.beesource.com/forums/showthr ... tra+breeze

2. Monie

Monie New Member

Very sad news. Prayers sent.

3. indypartridge

indypartridge New Member

I bought myself an UltraBreeze jacket-hood combo last Christmas. Never had any kind of bee suit prior, I would just wear a veil and an old white shirt from the resale shop. There was never any question that when I decided to buy a suit, it was gonna be an UltraBreeze. I really liked Bill's attitude and work ethic: he believed that the finest bee suits should be made here in the U.S., and set out to do just that. It was truly a labor of love, as he kept his full time job and made suits "on the side", bending over backwards to satisfy his customers.

The fact that he was only 52 makes it so much more of a loss. Magnet-man, I'll miss you. Prayers for your wife and family.

4. G3farms

G3farms New Member

That is sad news for sure and hope his family can find peace and understanding in their loss.

Wasn't his daughter-in-law starting to run the business for him, I was just wondering if they will continue to make the bee suites.

G3

5. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

That's too bad. Thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

6. Sundance

Sundance New Member

Bill was such a gentle soft spoken guy. He is missed.

7. Davidquinn

Davidquinn New Member

Hi:
    My name is David and I ordered an Ultrabreeze bee suit from honeymoonaparies website last week. I was not able to find a telephone # for them. Does anyone have the phone # ? Are they still in business?

8. G3farms

G3farms New Member

I think one of the family members picked up the business and is trying to carry on with it.

Try this number for them 918-720-7908

Let us know what you find out.

9. Davidquinn

Davidquinn New Member

Thank you, but that phone # is not a working number.
    I paid for the suit using my Pay Pal account, so I not worried about loosing the money.
    I would like to get the suit. Do you know what State and City they are located in?

10. Iddee

Iddee New Member

They have an email link on their website. I would send an email asking for phone number and address.

I think they are in Oklahoma.

11. Davidquinn

Davidquinn New Member

12. G3farms

G3farms New Member

On the last site it was
    2929 E. 38th St.
    Tulsa, OK 74135

This was the same address that had the above phone number with it. It might not be any good now. I think his wife and daughter moved back up north after Bill died.

13. LongWoods

LongWoods New Member

I contacted Stephanie (Bill's sister) 2 weeks ago by email at "Honeymoon Apiaries" and received a reply very rapidly (next day). I have sent a few emails back and forth discussing a full suit and a jacket relating to sizing and am happy to say Stephanie is very professional and quite personable. Always replying quickly.

I did order the full suit to start, which will end up in my wifes possession and I will get the jacket. I received the full suit in slightly over a week (2 days earlier than expected).

Helped work a few yards today and wore the suit, it's a good thing I did as 2 hives were quite hot and the suit works great, while staying cool and comfortable.

LP