Sad state of affairs........................

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by G3farms, Aug 2, 2010.

1. G3farms

G3farms New Member

I got a call yesterday afternoon from a high school friend who I have not had much contact with in the last 20 years, he was telling me about another high school friend that had collapsed at work and was in the hospital. Critical care unit, in a coma and on a ventilator. A type I diabetic from high school, but he did try very hard to take care of himself.

At one time me and Bill were about as close as friends could get, we had each others backs for sure. He had moved away and we lost contact over the years. Last I knew of him he had move back in state and was about 1 1/2 hours away but not sure exactly. When Chris calls me up and breaks this news of course I offered any help that I could muster. Now Chris is a pretty good friend also but not as close as Bill and I were at one time, but still in the group of misfits we all belonged to. Well as the story turns out Bill was living in his car and finally over at Chris's house, in a shed (Bill did not want to impose on anyone and was happy with the arrangement). Both of them bachelors and trying to lean on each other. Bill was working and in decent health. His mom and dad have both passed some years ago, a sister in Alabama that we can not get in touch with and a brother that is somewhere in the midwest who is not speaking to him for some reason.

After Chris got home, I met him at his house and we went to get bills truck from where he was working. We rode together up to the hospital to visit Bill, they said he was breathing on his own but still had the ventilator on him just in case he needed it. We left our names and numbers for the hospital to contact us and headed home.

It really struck me last night after I got home how it is so nice and comforting to have family and friends that really care and love you. I guess I could say that I have been blessed with the hand that was dealt to me and for the most part take it for granted. Sometimes it takes a good kick in the seat of the pants to get you thinking straight again. It saddened me to find out Bill was in such a shape, it was hard to come to grips that he was homeless.

Please send out a little prayer for Bill, he really needs it bad.

Sorry for the rambling on, just needed to get it off of my shoulders for a while.

G3

2. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

I'll definately add him to my prayers.

3. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Thanks, but he passed away this morning.

4. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Oh, sorry to hear that. I'll add his family and friends to my prayers in his place then.

5. Charles

Charles New Member

So sorry to hear about your friend G3 :-( His family will be in our prayers too...

6. alleyyooper

alleyyooper New Member

Sorry to hear about your friend, May he rest in peace with the great spirits help.

Being home less today isn't a lonley thing either. With jobs being exported daily, Banks forecloseing and all the other stuff happening in the world today isn't any wonder.

:mrgreen: Al

7. riverrat

riverrat New Member

g3 my heart and prayers go out to you and all those that this man touched in one way or another through out his life. God sometimes works in misterious ways and he drew you guys back together for a last few moments for a reason.