Saw a great bee flick yesterday.

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by PerryBee, Nov 14, 2011.

1. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

A friend and I went to our local little independant theatre yesterday and saw the film "La Reine Malade", (The Ailing Queen).
    It was put on as part of a food film festival.
    What an excellant film. It was done featuring some Quebec beekeepers so there is some subtitling.
    It particularily chronicles one young keeper in Northern Quebec, 250 miles from any other keepers and bees. He is trying to do things organically and it is extremely interesting to follow. He has travelled worldwide (France-Apimondia, etc.) and is trying to do things "the old way". His love for what he is doing is obvious.
    He was actually at the showing and he and another local beekeeper went on stage after the film and answered questions. It is young people like him that are going to be the future so it is interesting to follow.
    It is along the lines of the "Last Beekeeper" but more optomistic. :thumbsup:
    I do not know how one can get ahold of this film but I will try and find out.

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke6eprfe ... e=youtu.be

2. d.magnitude

d.magnitude New Member

Aww, I'm jealous you have a theatre nearby that would show movies like that. Do let us know if you find out where one could get or view a copy. Good bee movies seem to be few and far between.

Our bee club just had a showing of "Queen of the Sun", which was really entertaining, and alarming, and chock-full of kooks. If you haven't seen it, you should. Makes you proud to be one of those weirdo-beekeepers.

-Dan