Scored a new beehive today!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eddy Honey, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Eddy Honey

Eddy Honey New Member

We went to the NJBA winter meeting today. The turnout was so good that I kept getting emails to not bother showing up if you didn't pre-register due to building occupancy codes at the Rutgers Eco Complex.
    Dr. Deborah A. Delaney, Assistant Professor Entomology & Wildlife Ecology at the University of Delaware was our guest speaker and did a wonderful job.

Several suppliers were on hand and when they raffled off 1 of the 2 door prizes my daughter won a Brushy Mtn 8 frame garden hive with copper top, 2 medium boxes, frames, foundation, bottom board, inner cover, and entrance reducer included. Sweet!

A good time was had by all. They auctioned off all of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place honey, mead, soaps, wax, candles, etc...and I was suprised how much a bottle of mead could sell for lol. They did say this was special mead that would make you smarter the more you drank.

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Conratulations to your daughter! :yahoo: :thumbsup: :mrgreen:

All mead will make you smarter the more you drink! ;)

3. Bsweet

Bsweet Member

SO YOUR DAUGHTER scored a new hive?? :D Congrats
    Jim

4. Eddy Honey

Eddy Honey New Member

Yes! I'll remind her of that when it's time to paint....and since she has the brush in hand..paint these 4 deeps, 3 nucs and queen castle...;)

5. Iddee

Iddee New Member

As if he really controls any female. YEAH!! She will paint until tired, than Dad will finish. :D :D

Congrats to her. Let's see some pics when she has bees and a veil.

6. Eddy Honey

Eddy Honey New Member

7. Zulu

Zulu Member

If you remember last years MEAD meeting....... You obviously were not there :)