Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I build my own Screen bottom boards.

I call this Billy & Bob boards, fellow club members as they were the ones who gave me the plans.
This is what it looks like all finished and painted. I stain mine totally before installing the screen and rails.

45 degrees the angle of the side rail front where the landing board goes.
picture goes here/img]

This is a mistake, Run one rail throught the saw one way and switch ends on the next one. Or just simply cut the angles after the flashing groves are finished.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/oldgrumpy/bee%20stuff/Siderailscutwrong.jpg

How long the side rails are.

The front brace that goes between the rails. Also is made with a 2x4 but I installed a front flashing rest . I now just cut a slot in the front brace.

The tail uses the same measurements between the rails as the front, except it is half as deep (1 1/2"). I had some problems with critters pulling the flashing down in the baqck so made some expermintal ones last fall with two back braces.

The landing board.

The flashing sizes. I now use a bit heavier galvenized flashing.

Three in use. They are tough after many years of useing ratchet straps to tie the hives on them for moving I have not had one fail yet.
In a problem area I even closed off the lower entrance and made a entrance below the intercover.

:mrgreen: Al

1 - 2 of 2 Posts