Second start from block wall trapout

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by Bens-Bees, May 20, 2010.

1. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Well the block wall trapout filled the box with bees to the point that the box was so jam packed that it was HEAVY! So I brought it home, opened it up, inspected, sure enough, there's a little virgin queen in there. Put a new lure box up because the block wall is still packed with bees... keeping fingers crossed that this one will take as well. Gave them two frames of brood for bait this time, one mostly capped, the other mostly uncapped with possibly a few eggs in the mix (I hope, I can't really see eggs anymore unless I go veil-less and put my contacts in). But no queen cells on either frame... :(

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Sounds like things are going your way, one new hive in the yard and sounds like another one coming!!

G3

3. Monie

Monie New Member

Awesome! Congrats!

I hope to get a few boxes from the trapout that I'm doing. I'll go back tomorrow or saturday to finish plugging holes. It's been raining cats and dogs the past couple of days.

4. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

I was honestly surprised at how many bees were still in the block wall... looked like it was still packed, and I really couldn't believe how packed into the box they were. If I had checked on them earlier I could have gotten another start as well.