Seed catalogs

Discussion in 'General Gardening' started by srvfantexasflood, Dec 31, 2010.

1. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood New Member

I received 4 seed catalogs today! That makes 6 thus far. Oh how nice to dream...

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

I love to look in the seed catalogs and get lost in the garden that is in my mind. I can see everything blooming especially the fruit trees and brambles...........and even hear the buzz of bees.

3. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

G3, if your getting as many seed catalogs as i am, you must feel like you died and went to heaven.I've been getting from one to three a day :eek: . Jack

4. srvfantexasflood

Hi there Jack! Are you familiar with Missouri Wildflowers? He's located just south of Jeff City. I have never been to their nursery, but get the catalog and periodically he brings plant material to Kansas City to sell.

5. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

srvfantexasflood,no is that a nursery? I have the book (Wild Flowers of Missouri). I buy my seeds mostly from Morgan County seeds. in Barnett, Mo. they have alot of flower and Herb seed that is hard to find, for trees and shrubs i order from the Mo. Conservation's nursery (George O. White State Forest Nursery, Licking,Mo. If Wild Flowers of Mo. is a nursery and they send out a seed catalog, it's probably the only one i don't get. :lol: Jack

6. srvfantexasflood

Jack-Yes, Missouri wildflower nursery. Here is a link to their website: http://www.mowildflowers.net/
    He sells seed and plants. The seed is collected off of private and public lands in the area, so you know it is an ideal choice for the area. He has a very good reputation and puts out a great catalog. He ranks the natives in several catagories include landscaping features.
    I haven't heard of Morgan County Seeds. I'll have to look them up.

7. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

svrfantexasflood,Morgan County Seeds phone# 573-378-2655 you can call them and ask for a catalog and they will mail you one.We drive up there in March or April to buy plants and seed,it's run by Amish people and there's a grocery store(Dutch's) up the road from them that sells in bulk that we always stop at.Seems odd seeing horses and wagons, horses and hacks tied up out front and running up and down the road. It gives us a break after being held up on the farm all winter :thumbsup: Jack

8. Murrell

Murrell New Member

Just want to mention;
    Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds at www.rareseeds.com
    They have a lot of Down home rt.1 stuff, some of the seed is really unheard of, for me at least.

Murrell

9. Omie

Omie New Member

I can't wait to start planting spinach and scallions and bok choy and lettuce again!
    Not for another 2-3 months or so though.... :cry:

10. fatbeeman

fatbeeman New Member

its that time again with beekeepers having nothing to do but read catalog. boredom causes you to spend money. :lol: ;)
    sure glad I got plenty of things to do. :drinks: :yahoo:
    Don

11. Omie

Omie New Member

Yeah, like raise my bees for this Spring! :Dancing:

Meanwhile, I'll read the seed catalogs.... :lol:

12. Iddee

Iddee New Member

""sure glad I got plenty of things to do""

I thought you were going to say "Sure glad I've got plenty to spend".

13. srvfantexasflood

This isn't boredom, this is dreaming. Any way I just placed an order over the internet for herb seeds, echinacea and butterfly weed. If I have any extra seedlings I will take them to a bee meeting as door prizes. Last year they were quickly snatched up.