seed flowers

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by 2kooldad, Mar 27, 2013.

1. 2kooldad

2kooldad New Member

Will bees go to Flax, chia an quinoa flowers ???

2. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

can you get quinoa to grow in Florida? and a strain of flax to grow there? if these are yes and yes pm me the variety..

3. 2kooldad

2kooldad New Member

Ive never tried to grow them before...i know the incas an aztecs grew em...an i have no idea where flax grows...but ima dang sure try it...if you know why they shouldnt grow here tell me...its florida...the only thing i havent gotton to grow here yet is money (im still worken on it)...those are part of my healthy diet now an i figured id try an grow some.

4. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

If you find flax seed that will grow in the south, post or PM me who has it. The flax I'm buying comes from North Dakota or Canada.

5. lazy shooter

lazy shooter New Member

I'm going to try some buckwheat. I plan to plant a few acres just to see if it will prosper in our hot climate.

6. Lburou

Lburou Member

I had some blue flax in our yard in Colorado. A few bees, but not like it was something they really worked hard. :)

7. 2kooldad

2kooldad New Member

There are ALOT of things they work around here casualy...ive seeen em lick leaves on a bush an aphids...lol. im not planting it for the bees as much as me...i just was hoping for a double whammy :)