seed swap

Discussion in 'General Gardening' started by wfuavenger, Jan 4, 2010.

1. wfuavenger

wfuavenger New Member

I was hoping we could get something going here as far as plant and seed swapping. You pay for postage to send me seeds and I send you some or I pay for postage via paypal. Just post what you have for trading in here and what you are looking for.

Please just post what you have and want and talk via e-mail or pm, not forum chatter...

I will start:

I am looking for what is called spider plant/flower. I have no idea about the scientific name but it lookes like pot leaves and has white and purple/pink flowers. It grows about 4-5' and It is a heavily seeding annual and bees love it. I am also looking for anything pretty and that the bees will love.

2. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

I can send you some lavender hyssop seeds. It is a self seeding annual and the bees just LOVE it. It makes purple flower spikes, grows like nobodies business, and smells like black licorice. It's one of the first things to start growing here in our flower bed, and the last to stop blooming. It's also called anise hyssop and is sometimes used for herbal teas.

I might be able to find some catnip seeds too and maybe some other stuff, but I'm not sure....I have to go through my seed boxes. PM me your address and I'll get them in the mail if you want them.

3. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood New Member

wfuavenger you are looking for Cleome. I have some in pink/white and lavender/white. I can send you some. Cleome is a great annual and a nice one for giving some height.

I didn't save any seed, but I always plant Tithonia. It come in tall, Torch variety, and shorter, del Sol, etc. Bees, hummingbirds, butterflies all love Tithonia, aka Mexican Sunflower. The seed is alway inexpensive, so I always buy new seed and leave the seed heads for the goldfinches. They clean the seed heads.

4. srvfantexasflood

Avenger- I put you seeds in the mail yesterday. Enjoy!

5. wfuavenger

wfuavenger New Member

Got them. Thank you!!!

6. MjdTexan

MjdTexan New Member

I have okra seeds. I am interested in hot or sweet pepper seeds.

7. srvfantexasflood

I'd like to have some cotton seed. I don't need much, maybe 12 seeds. It was so cool and wet here all summer, last year's cotton never produced cotton balls.

8. wfuavenger

wfuavenger New Member

PM me your address and I will send you some Thai Chillis... they are hot and very easy to keep. I will send you the whole dried peppers. I have no idea if they will grow, but it is worth a shot. WASH YOUR HANDS AFTER TOUCHING THESE!!!!!

9. beekeeperhelper

beekeeperhelper New Member

I have more arugula and romaine seed (types of lettuce) than I can use. Arugula has a robust, peppery flavor (and grows like a weed) and romaine is very expensive at the grocery! If you send me a private message with your address, I'll send you some of my extra--either or both. The seed is from Livingston Seed Co. and is not organic.

10. Monie

Monie New Member

I primarily use heirloom seeds.

I list what I can remember, as I have quite a bit.

Cabbage- Premium Late Flat Dutch
    European Melon - Charentais
    Watermelon - Orangeglo
    Squash - White Scallop
    Pumpkin - Thai Large
    Artichoke - Green Globe
    Artichoke - Purple of Romagna
    Hot Pepper - Numex Big jim
    Sweet Pepper - Purple Beauty
    Amaranth - Love Lies Bleeding (the is a high protein plant that is edible, from seed to leaves - a real super food!)

I know there's a lot more, but that's it for now.

I'd really like some cotton seed and some peanuts. I like trying different things.

11. XLB

XLB New Member

anyone do gourd crafting? i have birdhouse and long-neck gourd seeds.