Selling like crazy

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by Yankee11, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Yankee11

Yankee11 New Member

We have sold 13 dozen (156) of these Muth jars. Got orders for 84 bottles today. Man what a rush. Folks are buying them to give as gifts.

20131016_205448.jpg 20131001_210830.jpg 20131001_205513.jpg

I am sealing the tops with beeswax.

With the price I am getting, I am getting right at 80.00 a gallon for the honey.

2. pistolpete

pistolpete New Member

That's an awesome looking product. Made with love. Certainly does not seem to be hard to sell honey. I only had a surplus of about 100 Lbs this year and that sold out the day after we extracted it.

3. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

:coolphotos:
    I haven't seen too many products that are packed as attractively as that Yankee 11. :thumbsup:
    A question or 2 if I may. What size jars are those, and I see that it looks like you have used beeswax and cork combined to seal the jars, how does that happen?

4. Yankee11

Yankee11 New Member

They are Muth jars.The glass is etched on the front with a bee skep and it says Pure Honey.

I have 8 ounce and 16 ounce sizes. They come with the corks. I fill with honey, insert corks. I then put a piece of painters tape on top of cork and trim around
    the the edge of cork. Then I have a small pot of melted wax. I turn jar upside down and dip in wax, let cool then dip again. Usually about 3 dips. Then I remove
    tape from the top of the cork.

20130830_231056.jpg

5. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Yeap, they look great!

6. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

nice looking product (both the glass and the honey) and I would suspect the bee wax seal also gives it some authenticity. it always seem to me there was a seasonal punch in demand from Thanksgiving to Christmas for any size or jar that was a nice gift size. $80 per gallon.... man you got braggin' rights on the marketing*.... and more the power to ya' in that regards.

*having been somewhat a 'geek' in that corner of the world at one time my hat always goes off to anyone who actively test the assumption about what folks will pay for any given product.