selling wax

Discussion in 'Products of the Hive' started by gmo1293801, Sep 15, 2009.

1. gmo1293801

gmo1293801 New Member

Where do you sell wax to get the best return?

2. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

I sell the 1 oz. beeswax bars at a couple markets that keep a basket near the counter. I sell to them at 50 cents per bar and they sell them for a dollar. So I get 8 dollars per pound for my wax, have something other than honey for my markets to sell, and they are happy with the markup.

If I sell them at a weekend market, I sell them myself for a dollar a bar, making 16 dollars per pound of wax.

Certainly selling wax as end-use products (bars, candles, figurines, etc.) makes the most money if you have the outlets, time, or ability to sell yourself.

Selling it in bulk to most places nets only 2-4 dollars per pound.

3. alleyyooper

alleyyooper New Member

You can sell it for $4.00 a pound plus shipping cost on E bay easy. We get that for even recycled drawn comb that is dark. Of course we let people know it is not cosmitic grade stuff.

:mrgreen: Al

4. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

Neither is any of the other stuff..... :rolling:

Just change the label....it can be if you really wanted it to be.... :thumbsup:

Ok, Ok...just joking.

It's like the honey guy that waits for the customer on the phone to say what kind of honey he wants before he slaps the label on.....

:hi:

5. fatbeeman

fatbeeman New Member

what I would do is find someone to make foundation out of it.if it has no chem's its worth lot more then 4.00 lb. I have sold mine for as much as 10.00 lb. but like to run most into new foundation on my own wax mill.
    Don

6. Monie

Monie New Member

Because I run comb honey, I sell the wax at $12 a pound.

7. Fuzzystuff

Fuzzystuff New Member

so? if you are running at KTBH with virgin wax everytime what would that sell for?

8. Monie

Monie New Member

$12/lb is well worth your effort, since you'll likely have to crush and strain the honey to get the wax. You can also add the "$1 per 1 oz bar." Making most folks see that a 1lb bar is a deal. The folks I sell to use it for different applications, and most want the pounders.

9. riverrat

riverrat New Member

i sell my wax in one ounce bars for 2.00 each with no problem. most of it goes to people who sew or make there own bullets. with a couple of people using it to cst jewelry. The one thing I got going for me is I have no other keepers around this area that sells there wax

10. BeeHunter

BeeHunter New Member

I see it sold on Craisgslist just an FYI