Sewing machine needles

Discussion in 'The Rural Life' started by Hobie, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Hobie

Hobie New Member

(I was going to title this "Are there any sewers out there?" but that didn't look quite right!):lol:

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone on this list sews heavier materials and uses a Pfaff or perhaps Juki machine with the 190 needle system. The reason I am asking is the place I work has converted all the machines to the 135x17 needles for interchangeability, and they were throwing out a bunch of the 190 system needles. I nabbed them out of the trash, thinking it a shame to toss perfectly good, new needles, but my machines are not compatible.

These are heavy needles, sizes 18, 22, and 25, for sewing canvas, webbing, vinyl, leather, etc. If anyone can use them, I will gladly pass them along.

Send me a PM if interested.

2. pturley

pturley New Member

Ebay them, then buy some more beekeeping stuff! I am sure there is a sail, saddle, boot or holster manufacturer out there that would bid on them.

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Do as Pturley said. It is a standard needle in the commercial trade and will sell quickly. List them as Pfaff 190, size 18....ETC.
    Start at 1.00 per pack and let the bids go from there. Charge actual shipping plus 1.00 packaging. I have sold thousands like that.

PS. A standard pack is 100. You can also start 10 count packs at .10 and let them bid on them for the ones using smaller quantities.

4. johnusher

johnusher New Member

Search on Amazon, you can find something useful, like i found used singer sewing machine in a cheap price.

5. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Hey hey, thought my eyes picked up on a name I hadn't noticed before!
    Welcome Johnusher to our friendly neck of the beekeeping woods. :thumbsup:

6. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Once again Sharpeye Perry spots 'em.
    Welcome to the forum Johnusher. :hi:
    Nothing like making your first appearance with a beneficial post. Thanks. :grin:

7. ApisBees

ApisBees New Member

Yes welcome to the sight Now that Perry outed you as being new start a post and an introduction and share you story with us.

8. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

I sew heavier stuff, but have never used a needle larger than size 16, I don't know if my machine will handle a size 18 needle. Besides which the bees have eliminated my sewing time quite nicely. Hope you got a good price for them.

Welcome Johnusher!

9. honeyjar

honeyjar New Member

Your sail picture reminds me of on of my ice boat pics (hiking up) I'm checking with my son on your needles---he does leather . Tom

10. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

We've hit the jackpot! Two new members signed in with their first posts on this thread. I guess it's apropriate for a thread dealing with needles.
    Welcome honeyjar :hi:Glad to have you sailing with us.

11. pturley

pturley New Member

That would be Tom's "Honeyjar"! Great to see you signed on.

(Yeah, I am gonna take credit for this one... ..even if it is an old thread!)