shortcut on a beevac question......

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by 2kooldad, Nov 28, 2011.

1. 2kooldad

2kooldad New Member

im trying to make the top an bottom pieces for the robo vac....my tablesaw is toast....what i do have is a slightly taller than normal medium super that i made in mt first attempts at hive building...i dont use it cause i'd have to build speical frames just for it due to a violation of bee space....i can however take my skillsaw an saw the thing in half round ways an have 2 boxes maybe 3 to 4 inches deep....what are the depth requirements for the top and bottom pieces ???

2. rast

rast New Member

No "depth requirements" other than intake hose to bees fitting in. Vacuum seal and control control of vacuum is more important. Masking tape (for easy removal) and duct tape fix a lot of that.

3. G3farms

G3farms New Member

4. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

If you're going to use 2-1/2 inch hose to suck up the bees, the bottom section should be about 4 in. high. 2-1/2 to 3 in. deep on the top section.

5. 2kooldad

2kooldad New Member

ok...very good...we had talked about it the other day Rast...my vac is pretty small an i dont think the hose is 2 1/2 inches....but then i wont be useing that hose either other than from vac to box....so i have to come up with a diffrent hose for the box to bees part...i gotta be careful before i go cutting holes in the box for a new hose...if its bigger than the vac. Hose then i'll lose vac pressure....i'd rather i control that at the air bleed myself...i have looked at yours an Iddees vacs several times G....an Rast exsplained his to me pretty well....i can do this with my skill saw...im confident an will post pics when im done....ummm....may still have to borrow your bee vac. Tho Rast........ima try for saturday on the okahumpka bees...did you notice some of them have a black dot on thier butt instead of bands.......hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

6. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

"Okahumpka Bees"!

I don't know why, but this cracks me up! :lol:

7. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Is that just down the road from Kissimee?? :D

8. rast

rast New Member

Yep, that's what Glenna told me. You made a good impression on her. Thank you.
    She has a spectator/cheering section arranged for you also :lol: .
    I told ya, let me know what you want. And no, I didn't study their butts.

Well the Palatlakaha Creek runs through it and then Yalaha. 2KD lives just past Wahoo.
    Gotta speak a little Miccosukee and Seminole/Creek to grow up here. :D

9. 2kooldad

2kooldad New Member

yup....i live next to the withlacoochee river just past wahoo an just before lake tasla popka but west of lake panasoffkee....i dont know if thats north or south of kissimee but its north of trillachoochee an west of that is the chazahowitska river where Rast likes to camp an thats north of aripeka an the weekie wachee river but south of ozelo an homosassa river an way way north of the pithlachacsotee an cotee rivers...dang...im almost out of breath an theres so much more :/

10. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

:lol: :rolling: :rotfl:

We have a few up here as well but they aren't as funny as some of those;
    Town of Tatamagouche
    Kejimikujic Park
    Ecum Secum
    Antigonish (I don't know, maybe built to pis- off the people of Gonish?)

:mrgreen:

11. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Maybe not too strange, but here, you can go from Horneytown to High Point, on you way to Climax.

It's a long trip, tho, from Dirty Ankle to Bath.

12. 2kooldad

2kooldad New Member

we got a bunch of em....there were many differant tribes down here at diffrent times....if i remember it right the Seminole indians were johny come lately an mixed from diffrent tribes brought here by the government around the time of the ''trail of tears''....maybe even part of it....tamuken (ta-moo-kin) an calusa (ka-loo-saa.....im sure i didnt spell those right) are tribes that were here before the Seminole....i used to collect artifacts that got dug up on job sites...mostly stone hide scrapers, arrowheads, spearheads, knives an axeheads....some cobb pottery an pot shards with animals carved on them....i can make the stone points (an do for bow hunting) so collecting them was kinna pointless...an now the state made it illeagle to even touch an arrowhead laying on the ground thanks to the point poachers tresspasing an destroying peoples property...what crosses peoples minds when they see dollar signs is beyond me :/ lol...to us Perry those names sound funny....i cant even pernounce inuit names (are they inuit...cant spell that either) lots a J's an U's while we got the C's an E's