Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm a silk screener and have my own shirt shop. A screen fabric is stretched tightly over a wooden frame and glued tight. It's through that screen that you print your design. After a certain number of designs, the screen fabric kind of poops out, loses it's tension and can't be used anymore and my wife noticed that if I cut the screen out of the frame and screw a piece of sheathing on, it would make a nice telescoping outer cover that fits just exactly around a hive body. We have dozens of these old silk screen frames around, and finally have the perfect use for them.

shirt-screen-outercovera.jpg

shirt-screen-outercover.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Do you build the frames yourself, to your own specifications or are they bought (and assembled by you?) from standard sized silk screening supplies?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you build the frames yourself, to your own specifications or are they bought (and assembled by you?) from standard sized silk screening supplies?
I buy them already assembled with the screen already on them....I don't even buy wooden ones anymore, I only get the aluminum frames these days, they are lighter and don't warp after repeated washouts like the wood can....

Could ya do a few dz shirts for me??
We are usually too slammed trying to keep up with orders and I had to quit doing any custom stuff a few years ago, sorry........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts