Beekeeping Forums banner

Small Town Story

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Mama Beek 
#1 ·
OK, my wife is nice, maybe a saint (she'd almost have to be to stay 38 years with me)! :|

Anyway, we were thrilled to get about 2 gallons of honey from the girls this summer. We gave each of the neighbors a pound and some to friends. We decided the folks at the hardware store (yes we have a hardware store) are so nice and helpful that they should enjoy also. She showed up one morning with a platter of biscuits and a pound of honey. They thanked her.

Last week one of the guys fom the hardware store showed up with 2 tickets to a bar-b-cue dinner at the Methodist Church. :) We never expected that!

It's nice to live among friendly people.

Anybody else got a nice story? 'Tis the season' is rapidly approaching, It's a Wonderful Life and all..

Walt

#4 ·
That nice man at our favorite hardware store also gives the kids free (accidentally he says) broken or slightly torn bags of perfectly good chicken and bunny food. He has refused to allow us to pay him for quite a few odds and ends of things over the last couple of years. He told the kids to come in last year and pick themselves out a Christmas gift.....they got flashlights and pocket knives. All we ever did was give him a little jar of purple honey one time. :)

#6 ·
It is because I'm home always that I can help out my son and future daughter-in-law. They bring clothes over , and I wash, dry, fold, or hang them. (except the undies---their business...lol)Last night , I got a whole bowl of hot apple dumplings and a tray of devilled eggs.------We're even, I'd say. :yahoo:

#7 ·
The neighbors and I are always doing something to help each other out, I have a neighbor that's an excavator and one of the other neighbors hired him to road base his drive last year. Well on his way home he made a run around our drive with the grader.

I called him and he said "last time I was over you were gettin a little wash board so thought I'd make a run around"

The other day he told me he was adding some lights to his place so I handed him my conduit bender and 4 spools of wire I had left over from my last project.

Can't beat good neighbors :thumbsup:

#12 ·
In 04 a tornado took down 2 huge oaks in my yard. One went onto and through the roof of my house. The next day when I got here (I spent the night in a motel) there were at least 10 here with chainsaws and ropes. One had been a tree monkey and did acrobatics in the tree with a chainsaw that scared me to death. Another showed up with a big MF (thats Massey Ferguson!) tractor and logging chain. Both trees were cut up and drug out into my E. field by dark and my roof was covered with a tarp. All I could do was set and sharpen chainsaw blades which was nonstop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.