Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just started with bee keeping a couple of weeks ago and have to active hives. I need a smoker but I live in Africa so it is difficult to find one. Are there plans out there to make my own?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Welcome to our Inernational Beekeeping Forum. You have just added to the diversity we have here! :thumbsup:
I don't know of any plans for smokers but someone here may well be able to help out.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Slag. :hi:
Nice to have someone from my time zone together with me on the forum. You'll find that here you can not only garner information about bees, but also make friends and even have an occasional good laugh. :rolling:

·
Registered
974 Posts
Hope that helps you build something....... let us see if you do

also would love to see your hives and what systems you are running

I am from South Africa , so always interested where other Africans are from..... and how they are doing bees

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hope that helps you build something....... let us see if you do

also would love to see your hives and what systems you are running

I am from South Africa , so always interested where other Africans are from..... and how they are doing bees

I'll have to have my son help me with some pictures tomorrow. I got the plans for the hives from an Australian that I met here.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I'll have to have my son help me with some pictures tomorrow. I got the plans for the hives from an Australian that I met here.
If you need plans for Langstroth hives, I have a PDF plan, while in inches , I am sure I Could find metric too

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Will the wires be able to hold the hive when it's filled with honey? I would worry about them pulling out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would like to hear the story behind and story Indiana to Ethiopia.
From a RPCV (Returned Peace Corps Volunteer)83-85 as a beekeeper Tunisia North ​Africa

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
I have always lived in Indiana until God called me to missions. Now my family and another do orphan care on a 50 acre property. My wife runs the school and I am in charge of keeping the facilities running. Beekeeping has always sounded interesting and we have plenty of mouths to feed. Currently 43 children.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts