Solar Wax Melter Raffle to benefit CCBA

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by Tia, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Tia

Tia New Member

One of our newest members, Terry Beckner, has been called to Afghanistan and will be leaving on November 14. He's built an amazing solar wax melter that he has offered to the club. All that's left to be done is sanding and painting! It's a beauty and you can rest assured it's well built. Terry's hobby is woodworking. Besides solar wax melters, Terry's made unbelievably detailed, hand-carved walking stick handles, beautiful canoes and--are you ready?--violins!!!

You can see the solar wax melter at Crystal Coast Beek's website at http://ccba.webng.com or at our next meeting on Monday, Nov 9, 7 pm, Morehead City Parks & Rec Community Bldg, 1600 Fisher St, Morehead City.

Thanks to Terry's generosity, we're raffling it off, proceeds to purchase a much-needed laptop and projector for use at our presentations. Tickets are $2 each or 3 for $5 and can be purchased at our meetings on November 9, at the Christmas Party on December 14, or before the drawing at our January 11, 2010 meeting. Or you can send a check to Tia Douglass, President, CCBA, PO Box 791, Williston NC 28589-0791 and she will mail your tickets to you.

Once again we wish to thank Terry for his generosity, we wish him well and will keep in touch with him during his tour of duty in Afghanistan.

2. Charles

Charles New Member

Wow, that is generous. Let him know he will be in our thoughts and prayers while he is there...

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Here's the photo of it. Looks like a nice set up.

What would be the club's charge for preparing it for shipping,if it were won by someone outside your area? "handling" Also, what is the weight of it, so we can figure the cost of freight.

Thank You

[​IMG]

4. Tia

Tia New Member

Hey, Iddee! Thanks for posting that photo. The SWM is approximately 60 lbs, and its dimensions are 25"high at back, 13" high at front, 32 1/2" deep and 24" wide.

If we need to ship, we will probably need to be reimbursed for both shipping and handling. We will ship in whatever manner the winner requests.

Let me know if you have any other questions! Thanks!

5. Iddee

Iddee New Member

The shipping will vary with location, but how much would the handling be?

6. Tia

Tia New Member

I would probably take it to one of those "pack and ship" places where they'd be responsible for breakage if that should occur. I don't know the cost offhand, but I can certainly stop at one of them and find out. I'll let you know.