some orange bloosems are on the trees

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by 2kooldad, Feb 20, 2012.

1. 2kooldad

2kooldad New Member

some of the citrus trees i was working around today had blooms on them....hadnt opened yet but will be in short order....i also saw blackberrys with blooms....a mild winter means an early spring....fine by me as long as the summer is short.....im not ready for the heat yet....yuckkkk

2. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

I saw some cherry blossoms starting to open up today. Let the pollen season begin! ::a-choo::

3. 2kooldad

2kooldad New Member

The black cherrys are blooming here....they arent eating cherrys an dont get cherry blossems like yall get....its looks nothing like a cherry tree or bloom to me....gets black hard berrys bout the size of a marble....long pipe cleaner looking flowers....bees were on them but not alot :/

4. Eddy Honey

Eddy Honey New Member

Here in South Jersey the maple tree buds are really red. My weather channel app finally shows light tree pollen for the next 3 days. The bees were flying more days than they weren't this winter. We'll pay for this....maybe not this year...but what comes around......

5. Omie

Omie New Member

ha ha ha ha you guys crack me up...orange blossoms...

tonight will be 14 F here at my place... bees are hunkered down tight... :lol:

6. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

White grapefruit and are blooming here and pinks are about to, lemon seems to be a bit off yet.

7. 2kooldad

2kooldad New Member

i need to go next door to the neibors orange grove an see whats going on there....hopefully the blossems will stay on the trees longer this year....blackberrys are blooming an if i have my plants right so are some gallberrys....i'll post that cause im not sure if what im looking at is gaulberry or not....my flower book sucks :(

8. 2kooldad

2kooldad New Member

LMBO !!!!!! My spelling is so bad....i just spelled gaulberry 2 diffrent ways in the last post (snicker)...my mom is a retired 12th grade english teacher an my grandmother is a retired 2nd grade teacher.....glad they dont read this....i'd be in BIG TROUBLE !!!!

9. 2kooldad

2kooldad New Member

lol....Omie i bet you wouldnt trade me....in the cold up there you can always put on more warm stuff....down here in the southern heat you can only take so much off before they arrest you or the bugs eat you....the mosquito is the florida state bird.