South Jersey Beekeepers

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by TheWoodsman, Apr 28, 2011.

1. TheWoodsman

TheWoodsman New Member

Well i went to 2 beekeepers in South Jersey and just wanted to give you a review. The first, Fruitwood Orchards, and they had the most nice lady and workers there you cuold ever meet. Second, well ctually i went here first, was Harvey Honey. This place (well at least the lady i talked to) had the meanest most nasty person working there. Very discuraging and pushy towards wanting me to buy there. Needless to say i'll never go there again. Fruitwood Orchards, you've got yourself a returning customer.

2. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

snip...
    This place (well at least the lady i talked to) had the meanest most nasty person working there.

tecumseh:
    what's with that?

3. TheWoodsman

TheWoodsman New Member

I am a good nice person, especially when i'm trying to learn, i wont go in detail about the conversation becuase then they know who i am, but when i was asking about a few things they shut me down abruptly as i was talking and if i didn't love bees, probly would have stop wanting to be beekeeper right there. Maybe thats what happens when you go big time on a hobby to some people, but if i ever get good and someone wants to get into it, of course i'll help them out. Maybe the lady had a bad day or what not, but i have no intension of ever going back there ans Fruitwood Orchards is my go-to bee store now.

4. Eddy Honey

Eddy Honey New Member

I say she was having a bad day. I was there yesterday and many times before. They were all very pleasent. They were also very busy packaging nucs this past week with some bees that weren't too happy about it. I say give them a chance. They're a husband and wife team with they're mother helping out. If you went in this week asking to be schooled in beekeeping while they were filling nuc orders I could understand if patience was short.

The people at Fruitwood are very nice as well. Do they sell bees?

5. TheWoodsman

TheWoodsman New Member

I did not ask to be schooled, they were just mean to me and thats that. They probly wont care but they lost them a customer.

6. Eddy Honey

Eddy Honey New Member

7. TheWoodsman

TheWoodsman New Member

Im cool with it. I'd rather drive out of my way for bees than go back there.