Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,988 Posts
Roundup is toxic to bees, but is way down on the list of products. It didn't make the highly toxic, nor the mildly toxic lists. It is listed on the relatively non-toxic list. I would remove any and all blooms in the area to be sprayed, then spray at or very near night. Also, most labels now are written with the honeybee in mind, so be sure and follow the label directions explicitly and I don't think you will have any problem.

http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2161.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
376 Posts
Please be aware that Round Up kills amphibians! My lizards, newts, frogs and toads are valuable to me as mosquito eaters, so you have to weigh the consequences. As for me, I'm totally organic and I either weed with two hands, a manual weeder or my propane torch!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,317 Posts
Try diatematcious earth ( Yeah probably spelt wrong ) anyway made up for pool filters, from ground up shells from clams, oysters like talcum powder, but extremely detremental to most other things that crawl through is, sharp crystals damage breathing tubes, and body segments bee's don't seem attracted to it.
Barry
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top