Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Looks to be a beautiful day here as well!! I see my little apple trees have popped open and are starting to turn green with leaves.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
bout time now we all got to get to work

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Yep, spring has sprung,have four calfs on the ground, (one this mourning,mama is cleaning it up now as i type this) the grass is greening up,my weeping willow is leaved out and the bees are all over the pussywillow bush. Things are coming back to life. :yahoo: Jack

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
it sure took long enough....LOL Our grass if finally turning green and the trees are getting the tiny little baby leaves on them.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Bluebonnets (Texas state flower) have been blooming for the past couple of weeks, but are now starting to show in full bloom. They always bring to mind a quote from John Nance Garner ("Catus Jack").

He was a member of the Texas legislature, House of Representatives, Speaker of the House, and Vice-President under FDR. Got his nickname while lobbying for the Prickly Pear Catus flower to be the state flower.

Regrading the bluebonnet he argued, "It ain't nothing but a [email protected]#! stinkweed. Anything that doesn't taste sweet in the mouth of a cow doesn't deserve to be the Texas state flower."

He did have a way with words. He also said the only demontion he ever took in his life was when he resigned as Speaker and became Vice-President. :lol:

Walt

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Our weather forecast today:

Tonight/Thurs night: Rain likely before 9pm, then rain and snow likely between 9pm and midnight, then snow after midnight. Low around 31. Calm wind becoming northeast between 4 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Friday: Snow before 3pm, then rain and snow. High near 35. North wind between 10 and 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
:shock: :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Saw our first hummingbirds of the season tonight. We were sitting on the patio after dinner (supper), sucking on glasses of wine (as we are want to do) and a couple of Ruby-throated hummingbirds buzzed us. :eek:

We usually see them before now, but it's been a really odd year for migration. We saw most of the same birds during the winter, but not at the same times. :confused: Feeders are out so they should be staying close by.

Walt

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Ok, FINALLY!- hitting 50F most days now, and nights in the 30'sF. I'll TAKE IT! :p

My hive is flying, but not seeing much pollen at all yet. No blooming trees or flowers yet except crocuses and skunk cabbage I think. Everything still grey and brown and bare branches.
Yikes, where are the flowers already??
Gotta paint my hive boxes this week.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts