Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, checked the trapout today and they still pouring outa the cone, looked in the hive finally and the new queen is fine so they didn't kill her, hives a 9 inch brood box and 5 frames are full of bees now with a lot of honey and pollen, the 1st brood box I pulled off and put a queen in is full now with all 9 frames being worked and 6 of them with a lot of brood, when this 9 is full I'm gonna move it to my backyard, dang there's still a lot of bees in the wall,, the cones full even now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
found this tree at the edge of the property where the cut-outs happening, started looking for the hive the swarms are coming from, had a feeling it was not to far with the cottage having hives 2 different times within a year, house next door said its been there a while so might be the parent hive, its a old pine about 75 foot, the hives about 40 feet up, any1 got a skyhook and wanna do a trap-out lol little outta my comfort zone

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well heres the tree, good idea Iddee, wonder if south florida bees swarm anymore often then up north

Attachments

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well after watching the trap-out today for a while I am thinking its done, only 4 or 5 bees in the cone at a time, my broodbox is like a 12 lane highway, foragers flying in and out so fast I cant count them good beard on it today, gonna add another 9 inch on it and start the robbing of the wall in a day or so I think pics not very good had the sun right in my face

Attachments

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
When you remove the cone, watch the bees going into the structure. If even one goes in with pollen, it is not done. Put the cone back.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
guess its not done yet , went back just before dark and a bunch were still stuck to the cone trying to get back in, thought maybe the queen had ran off but guess not

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What the heck? its been 7 weeks, filled 1 nine inch brood, new queen, lotsa brood in it now. filled another nine inch and a six on it, new queen in it, now has capped brood, thought I was about to move it and have the rob out now i show up and it looks like a hole new batch of bees are born in the wall, cones full and still coming out.

I checked everywhere and theres no other opening, only thing I can think of is there stores must have been massive from the spring flow

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts