Stings

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by Monie, May 23, 2010.

1. Monie

Monie New Member

You ever get one that, for whatever reason, was worse than the others? I've got one on my pinky that made half my hand swell, and when I scratch it it hurts so good. The other 4 or 5 are barely bumps. Go figure.

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

I got 30 to 40 on my head yesterday. I didn't even know they stung rocks.

Only the ones around the eyes, nose and lips hurt.

3. Monie

Monie New Member

That's what happens when you go nekked! You scare them into stinging you!! :D

You are something else, God love you. :)

4. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

very definitely all stings ain't created equal.

5. Hobie

Hobie New Member

I'm guessing that bees are individuals, and you may be more sensitive to one's toxin than another. No reason all bees should be alike any more than humans are!

Couple that with some areas being more sensitive. Your pinky probably doesn't have much extra flesh on it.

6. Monie

Monie New Member

It does now! It's almost tripled in size. LOL.

I got one on my chin. I like the look. It's the new Botox! :D Now, to figure out a way to market it!

7. cow pollinater

cow pollinater New Member

I'm fine with stings just about anywhere. In fact I kind of like them... Feels good in a weird kind of way. I got one inside of my upper lip two days ago that swelled just enough to irritate the crap out of me every time I smiled... and I smile alot.
    That being said, I'm missing two fingers on my left hand and I still can't take a sting on those stumps. I get weird sting reaction in different places and my whole hand swells. Last time they got the middle finger stump and my right side just under my armpit had itching and swelling for about three days :confused:

8. alleyyooper

alleyyooper New Member

Never ever wore pant leg closers, I do now. A few years back I was removing bees from a barn wall. One crawled up under my jeans and stung me, didn't help out any as I was still on the dinky side afterwards still. Hurt bad enough that I now wear the closers when doing a removal or when I am going to be shaking bees into tha hive.

:mrgreen: Al

9. larry tate

larry tate New Member

Idee where you getin all them stings

10. Iddee

Iddee New Member

It wasn't from your AHB....

It was the dumbness of not practicing what I preach. It had only been an hour since I was in them, so I thought I could replace a super without smoke.