Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if rats and mice will eat garlic- will they just have a nibble and then desist, will they ignore it totally or will they devastate my saved bulbs? Information on web is highly ambiguous and not helpful or it would seem factually based. I'm harvesting my 300 bulbs and want to try growing a small commercial amount next year. Not all garlic is suitable for braiding, I have a lack of suitable hanging places regardless.
thanks all

·
Registered
166 Posts
Does anyone know if rats and mice will eat garlic- will they just have a nibble and then desist, will they ignore it totally or will they devastate my saved bulbs? Information on web is highly ambiguous and not helpful or it would seem factually based. I'm harvesting my 300 bulbs and want to try growing a small commercial amount next year. Not all garlic is suitable for braiding, I have a lack of suitable hanging places regardless.
thanks all
[/QUO
I store my garlic in my basement and hang it in netted sacks so air can get to the bulbs. I do , however , cure my bulbs, about 200 of them, outside under a roof to shade them but air can flow through to aid in the 2 week cure. Nothing seems to bother them, mice or racoons. I don't know how long my luck would last if stored outside continually. There is that thing called Murphy's Law.

Reactions: Gypsi
1 - 2 of 2 Posts