Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Do the hives near Alsace produce chocolate flavored "honey" :lol:
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if some astute French businessman doesn't find some clever way to market this "specialty honey" at a premium price. Of course, he'd have to look on the proper thread to decide just how much to charge for it.
While thinking of it, perhaps the White House should look into selling beer flavored honey from the hive on its lawn.
We could have a whole new line of hive products entering the market. :rotfl:

·
Administrator
3,698 Posts
hummingbird feeders made a lot of red honey in Texas last year. The feral bees in the rich areas emptied those feeders and stored it up. Found red honey on a cutout.

·
Registered
929 Posts
AWe could have a whole new line of hive products entering the market. :rotfl:
That's what I thought when I saw this on the internet. Why not market it as a novelty item. It's not really honey, but I wouldn't throw it out. That falls back to that old saying "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade." The Mars candy company would probably have an objection to using M&Ms or Mars in the name.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
They should sell it to M&M as a sweetener in their candy. It could be used in baking where they use sugar honey corn syrup combinations for sweeteners. But they will want it at a greatly reduced price most likely.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
M&M/Mars should be forced to fully compensate the beekeepers for the contamination and loss of their honey crop due to their waste management negligence.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
M&M/Mars should be forced to fully compensate the beekeepers for the contamination and loss of their honey crop due to their waste management negligence.
I can see a big legal fight developing over that issue--and you know who wins fights like that ---the lawyers!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I think it's kind of a gray area (no pun intended). I'm sure the beekeepers feel a loss of money. But on the other hand, it's not necessarily everyone's responsibility to make everything in the world bee-proof. Of course, laws vary from country to country, and of course, YMMV.

At the very least, they could feed it back to the bees this winter.

This could go either way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.