sunshine!

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by JUDELT, May 18, 2012.

1. JUDELT

JUDELT New Member

around 3pm the rain stopped and the sun came out! I had to go see the girls, of course, and boy were they busy!It just makes me happy! God is good to give me bees!

2. Yucca Patrol

Yucca Patrol New Member

I wish God would give me bees. I even prayed that he'd install some colonies in my hives, but in the end I had to buy them from another beekeeper. ;)

I sure do love sitting by the hives and watching them do their thing in the late afternoon too!

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Yucca, please update your profile and get a bit more specific with your location. We can accidentally give you bad answers to your questions when we don't know where you are. Beekeeping is very local and what helps in one area may kill a hive in another.

PS. Welcome, and glad to see you posting.

4. JUDELT

JUDELT New Member

welcome and a joker too! I can get lost for hours watching the girls!

5. dr.buzz

dr.buzz New Member

HaHa, yeah, really.... I was talking to a trout fishing guide friend of mine who is also a volunteer chaplain at a local prison that has beehives in the prison orchard....He was telling me how much God had blessed America, the land of milk and honey. I reminded him that God apparently didn't want America to be the land of milk and honey as much as our ancestors did, because they were the ones that brought bees and cows here from Europe. He thought for a second and said, "Well, God must have been blessing America with all those colonists that came here from Europe." I admitted that would be a reasonable enough observation.