Beekeeping Forums banner

super bowl is it just me or am I wrong

3K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  riverrat 
#1 ·
first they butcher the national anthem before the game. Then what in the heck do the call them people performing at half time. Am I getting old and losing my sense of humor

#2 ·
Re: sper bowl is it just me or am I wrong

riverrat said:
first they butcher the national anthem before the game. Then what in the heck do the call them people performing at half time. Am I getting old and loosing my sense of humor
I didn't see the beginning so I don't know about the butchering of the National Anthem. What happened? Did President Bush try to sing it? :)

Oops, my bad.

The halftime entertainment is Wil I Am and The Blackeyed Peas. From what I heard. Not watching at this time. Saw some funny commercials. And a cpl of TDs by Grn Bay.

#4 ·
Rat youare right as rain, that gal messed up the National Anthem but sung it out anyway. I caught it just as soon as she messed up. Bad thing is she can't even sing that good to me.

Half time was even worse in my opinion, what a joke.

some pretty good commercials.

#5 ·
G3farms said:
Rat youare right as rain, that gal messed up the National Anthem but sung it out anyway. I caught it just as soon as she messed up. Bad thing is she can't even sing that good to me.

Half time was even worse in my opinion, what a joke.

some pretty good commercials.

exactly

#9 ·
Didn't care for the singing of the anthem,tuned in on the last half of it. Didn't bother with the halftime show,went to my room and read you guys post.I only watch the world series baseball games (sometimes) and the superbowls. When you hear and read about some of the weired antic's some of them do, makes it hard for me to root for them. :roll: I'd rather watch my bees,they have a sweeter end result. :mrgreen: Jack

#11 ·
I had to work, but I am so fed up with professional sports the last few years, I probably wouldn't have watched anyway.

The promoters should be getting people who truly believe in the anthem and who sing it with the respect due, not the people who butcher it and try to make it a rock & roll or jazz song. Celebrity don't always equal talent.

The players are even worse. Gone is the player who wants to play football for the love of the sport. Now, all they want is Star status and money. Pro sports figures have gone from being athletes to being thugs with money.

#12 ·
Ladyleo191 said:
I had to work, but I am so fed up with professional sports the last few years, I probably wouldn't have watched anyway.

The promoters should be getting people who truly believe in the anthem and who sing it with the respect due, not the people who butcher it and try to make it a rock & roll or jazz song. Celebrity don't always equal talent.

The players are even worse. Gone is the player who wants to play football for the love of the sport. Now, all they want is Star status and money. Pro sports figures have gone from being athletes to being thugs with money.
:goodpost:

I couldn't agree with you more ladyleo! Now celebrity is equal to which person was willing to expose more flesh (real or not :shock: ), or behave the most outrageously. These people have NO respect for our country, flag, other people, common decency, or sadly themselves. Why anyone would choose someone like this to sing our national anthem for any event is completely beyond me!

I used to love baseball and sometimes football and watched or read up on both regularly. Anymore I can't stand to watch or listen to these puffed up egotistical jerks, and I can't believe that people are willing to pay the ticket prices to go see a game. The whole "world of sports" is barely a step up from the old hypersexualized, steroid filled, idiocy of the 80s WWF wrestling trash now.

It really and truly is a sad reflection on what our society deems as valuable if the truth were told. It makes me sad to know that these are people that young children idolize and think that they should emulate. How sickening that even little girls as young as 3 & 4 believe that to be loved, accepted, and treated well they have to dress and act like these half dressed and ill mannered women (for lack of a better word).... my grand-daughters both got a long talk from me and "aunt fred" about that just a little while back :(

Thankfully my kids want NOTHING to do with any of this stuff at all.

edited: to correct typing

#15 ·
Yep, she messed up the Anthem, but at least she caught it up and kept going respectfully. I've heard it butchered up a lot worse.
And I don't even know who she is. I had to lead the church choir Sun. morning and the congregation suffered worse.
I quickly found the mute button when those Backyard Peas started in.
I agree with the sexism. I'll bet Big Bill wouldn't let Danica drive in NASCAR after those GoDaddy commercials.

P.S. Rat, what did you expect watching it in the condition your condition was in after all this time? Congrats :hi:

#16 ·
rast said:
P.S. Rat, what did you expect watching it in the condition your condition was in after all this time? Congrats :hi:

In other years I probably wouldnt have caught it. Just reassured me that I didnt miss much on that part of my life :D :thumbsup:

#17 ·
I side with the rest of the gals! Just because someone is an athlete or has a record contract does NOT make them a good person. It's sad that these people are the role models for today's youth.
Being from KC, I can talk about a former Chief's player that died as a result of an automobile accident. He was driving way too fast on icy roads trying to get to the airport. There were many accidents that day and several deaths because of icy conditions. He did survive the crash, but didn't follow dr's orders and had a blood clot in his leg break loose. When he died, he left 7 minor aged children by several different mothers. He was not married to any of them. Of course his mother sued someone and won. Did she give the money to any of the kids? NO!
I cringe every time I see someone wearing one of his jerseys. They also named an elementary school after him. Isn't that a hoot?

#19 ·
And today Hendrix version is re-veered as one of the all time great versions of the Star Spangled Banner.
Roseann Barr's version is probably the worst. Caught on film anyway.

A caveat to my rant and rave in a previous post: this football player did NOT provide for any of those kids in the event something should happen to him. Very irresponsible on his part and the mothers' part.

#20 ·
srvfantexasflood, Not to get political,but my thinking on this is. Now that we have DNA, on cases like this,the father of a child should be held responsible for the care of that child until it is at lease 18 yrs. old.This would help put a stop to the,have fun and run syndrome that the rest of us have to pay for. Jack

PS.Sorry Iddee, but i had to say it.

#22 ·
Of course, I don't know all the intimate details of his relationship with his children. It was printed in the local paper (so it HAS to be true) the details of the court battles that took place. Everyone was scrambling for what money there was after his death.
This is just one of my many pet peeves. I'll climb down off my soap box for a while.
The longer I work at the children's home, the more I see cases like this. SO many children come from homes without a true father or the semblance of a father figure in the house.

#23 ·
srvfantexasflood said:
I'll climb down off my soap box for a while.
Ok so you stole my soap box for a few minutes. A felony but wont seek charges :thumbsup: You are quite correct on this paticular player whos last initials start with a t and end with an s. If I remember correct. The one thing I have found is people have let there kids embrace less than desirable idols for decades. especialy those from professional sports, movie stars, etc. The problem is 2 fold you have a young man as in this case who has had fame and fortune thrown at him all of a sudden. Then the ole gals step in and throw themselves at these people to get a feather in there cap. But end up walk off with more of a parting gift than they asked for. These peoples ability to turn any of the three down are hopeless. Young single wealthy famous and a good looking woman willing to do anything for a night of pleasure is to much for a young person with there hormones in a knot to turn down. (I believe it was Travis Tritt who once said when he was a struggling musician working the docks for a trucking company not a single women threw her bra or panties at him but once on stage and famous it happens all the time)Unfortunately for years the people in the limelite have had a hard time turning down the money, the fame, or the woman that throw themselves at them. Not that any of this makes it right its a sign america needs better morals and people to choose for idols(the Rat who has kindly taken his soap box back. Will now step down and place it under the shop bench instead under the bed as it went missing for a little bit and was gently used while absent :D :drinks: )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.