Sure wish this weather would break

Discussion in 'Beekeeping 101' started by WayneW, May 5, 2009.

1. WayneW

WayneW New Member

Seems like everyday is cloudy, cool, and raining. Temps not making it out of the mid 50's - low 60's. I can't tell who's getting crankier, me or the bees. I did take a few looks in April to see what they were up to, swapped a few old frames with old comb for a few frames of just starter strips. Last time i looked they had one of the foundationless frames about 50% drawn. Lots of brood capped and open, and the numbers were climbing fast.

Now if only mother nature would let me back in >>>>>>SIGH<<<<<<<

Spent the nicer days in April building equipment for this season and getting ready for my package this friday. Just hope the weather cooperates.

Seems like beekeeping really gives new meaning to the term "Spring Fever"

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Welcome, WayneW, I hope it gets better, but I think it's moving this way. Bjorn has started chanting in General Discussion, and it has dropped from the 80's every day to the 50's today with rain. I wish he would turn around when he chants, so it would go north instead of south.

3. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

In a twist of fate, I am now requiring all nuc orders to only be picked up during downpours, thunderstorms, and when temps are below 50. Seems many folks feel I should be out getting their nucs ready in such weather, I suppose it would be good enough for them to come and get them..... ;) I just hope they bring boots as the farm lanes to some of the yards are not drivable, and long walks into the yards are required. :)