Sure wish

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PerryBee, Jan 15, 2011.

1. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Sure wish we could find the right property so we can get on with it.
    We sold our home 5 months ago (had to move right in the middle of honey season, August) and rented a small place for 1 year. Because of the move everything beekeeping related got bumped to the back burner until the move was done. I didn't make it to the market till mid September instead of early August. No room to use my big extractor so everything was done with my trusty Maxant 2 frame non-reversable hand crank in the kitchen. Stopped counting supers at 25+. (arm still hurts)
    Getting frustrated that the small farm I envision isn't happenin yet. And when/if it does, I just realized that we will be moving at roughly the same time and going through the same upheaval bee wise as last year.
    We are fortunate to have sold when we did, prices have dropped since, which will help us when we buy I hope. A really nice couple from Indiana bought our house and I have met them a few times at parties, good folks.
    Still, got lots to be thankfull for, put my ear up to the hives today and so far I hear em in all 18. :yahoo:

Perry

2. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

the best of luck to ya'... everything works out given time. patience is a good habit for a beekeeper to practice.

3. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Hope you find just the right farm. Price of land has dropped considerably around here, can find some acreage for +- $3,000/acre, of course this is just land with out any improvements (house, out buildings, etc.). But after that the work really begins since you have to make everything to your liking.

4. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

I wish the land up here was selling for $3,000 an acre... there's a 5 acre plot I'd like to buy, but it's selling for $108,000... no improvements.

5. G3farms

G3farms New Member

You are going to have to get a little further out into the country, out of Knox county for sure. I'm talking about tracts of land in the 100 acre range, look around it is there.

6. riverrat

riverrat New Member

one day you will be driving around and the right property is going to fall right in front of you. keep your eyes on the brass ring it is there