Survival seeds

Discussion in 'General Gardening' started by BjornBee, Oct 23, 2009.

1. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

I heard a commercial today for this company and product.

Not really sold, although I have given some thought about such future happenings.

Check out this site and please comment.

http://www.survivalseedbank.com/?gclid= ... 5QodSUojrw

And....are you doing anything for 2012 or anything else?

I'm thinking if I have an acre garden I need to live off of, I may need a few more boxes of shells.... ;)

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

If all your neighbors are starving, you may need a bunch of boxes of shells.

I think it would be a good addition to the bomb shelter you built under your basement back in the sixties.

3. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

:hunter: That's where I have the 12th skull..... :club:

4. Charles

Charles New Member

I'm sitting in front of the picture window when 2012 comes so I can have a front seat view, see what all the hoopla is about. I figure yellow stone will blow (it's past due) and there ain't no running from that :mrgreen:

5. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

For that kind of money I could grow a whole lot more food, and better varieties I bet. What else will folks exploit the fears of the uninformed to make a buck on??

6. G3farms

G3farms New Member

I would second the fear mongers are playing on peoples emotions.

I always keep a good stash of seed in the freezer myself, buy pound packs, plant what I need and store the rest. pounds are much cheaper than the little packets of seed for a 50' row. Will keep in the freezer for a very long time.

Sad thing about the package he is trying to sell is we would not eat half of it.

I worry about my cattle sometimes disappearing, got plenty of shell on hand though.

G3

7. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

i have good friends back home who had 50 head of cattle go missin' one night. the shells are probably a good idea if you have someone to sit watch...

8. Charles

Charles New Member

If the world has gone to pot and you still have cattle, I'll come watch'em :hunter:

9. Iddee

Iddee New Member

And I'll cover his back. :wave:

10. Charles

Charles New Member

We'll be eatin good :drinks:

11. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

he has two awesome sons who moved back to the farm after their cows were stolen. I'd almost feel sorry for any idiot dumb enough to try to take their cattle ever again.... there ain't nothing soft about those boys!

I'll tell Sam I have willing volunteers though, should the need arise you can bet you would eat good.... Sam has the best beef I've ever eaten.

12. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

Yeah I bank seeds of veggies I want to grow--tomatoes, lettuce, spiniach, habanero peppers, green sweet peppers, jalapeno peppers--even fruits like dragon fruit ( a vine ) seeds are easy to obtain easy to store and if you have the land, and will, easy to grow. :yahoo:

13. hwrwdw

hwrwdw New Member

2012 is NO JOKE!

I started this gardening form section and I have nothing to gain by scaring anyone. I would like to encourage people to be prepared. By, or during 2012 Americans will spend their days looking for something to eat and their nights protecting what they have.
    I understand how some are trying to make money from peoples fears, these very people will probably starve to death.

People who are in a position to help other will fair better in every situation.

For a real chance for survival, one need to look to Chia Seeds (Stevia L. Hispanica) these seeds are a perfect protein and have more Omega 3 fatty acid than salmon! There are many sources for these precious seeds, but the best that I have bought are from: wheatgrasskits.com

Do your self a favor and do some research on the Chia seed. In the worse case scenario you could survive on 1/2 cup of these seeds per/day!
    They look like weeds growing and will likely go un-noticed by scavengers, roving around looking to steal what others have! I have a large patch that is over head tall and it doesn't look food to me!!

Hard times are coming, time is short! Don't waste a day! Educate your self while we still have Internet.
    Make hay while the sun shines or you will regret it! HW

14. G3farms

G3farms New Member

I made a bunch of hay this summer and now am feeding it to the cows, they will feed me come this winter.

Why do you think 2012 will end in a disaster??

The worst thing for this country would be no electric for the masses, and no fuel for most survivors, the real die hards will not even notice.

G3

15. Charles

Charles New Member

:amen: :bow: :amen:

16. Walt B

Walt B New Member

I am so out of touch. So, I "Googled" 2012 and found the dire predictions and all. I think we should all be worried. Along with the blurb about 2012, there was a notice that Microsoft plans to release "Windows 8" in 2012. Given the Vista success, that just might be the end of the world. ;)

Walt

17. Hobie

Hobie New Member

I think the media is just taking advantage and blowing everything out of proportion.

Why 2012? Because the Mayan calendar ends? Hmmm.

Anyone ever considered that another definition of "apocalypse" is "a prophetic disclosure or revelation"? I'm stopping this train of thought here, since it is edging into "tailgater" territory.

Anyone remember Y2K?

18. Brenda

Brenda New Member

I'm thinking you could buy open pollinated seed for a lot less on most any seed/gardening website. :mrgreen:

19. G3farms

G3farms New Member

I never even thought about it, went and fed the cows as usual that day

G3

20. Walt B

Walt B New Member

I remember Y2K. It was midnight, I was sitting on my back porch in my underwear with a shotgun, and I thought, "Why would God end the world on Central Standard Time?"

Went to bed and got a good night's sleep. :lol:

(Heard a comedian deliver that and have been waiting several years to use it)

Walt