First of all a hearty thanks to Rob for his design. Our oldest hive keeps swarming. With two new empty hives left and a package due but late it was decided to try the newly built bee vac. The swarm was in very light branches over two stories up.A ladder would have been unsafe. Plan! Put a cigar roller handle on an extension paint roller handle and attach the vac hose to it, yeah The hose was only inch and a half but quite long and a few tiny holes.Two hive boxes (Warre) were between the vac top and bottom and seams had to be duct taped or not enough suction.My beek daughter and i took turns as it was tiring because the contraption barely reached.We got all but maybe a half dozen bees by letting them settle a few times and then let them settle in the vac. Vacuuming bees is a tad rough on them but we'll see how many expire and i'll post again. I'd have to declare the design of Rob's vac an overall success. Thank-you, Rob. My admonition to those planning to build a bee vac: Try to make accurate cuts with close tolerances to minimize suction loss. Best to all ... JL.