Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Nice video.
I usually try not to take as long when catching a swarm (guess I'm not as patient). I "mist" the bees with a fine spray of 1 to 1 sugar syrup (stops em from flying too much) and then get a box under them as best I can and then sweep them in. Set the box down and you know in a couple minutes if you got her.
Looks like a D.Coates nuc box being used as well, got a bunch just like it. Sure are handy to have around for stuff just like this!
Thanks for posting. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Based on the amount of stingers in my glove after the one (only) swarm I captured, I don't think I'd have the nerve to try your method! (Although I am truly envious.)

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Good to see you here, friend. Hope you like it here. Thanks for the video. Can't wait for the first call. It's been a long winter.

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Hey, I've lived in the area. It is a small conversion from ******* to *******. I can make it quickly. Glad to see him here.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
G3 writes:
*********, molasses, ********...........its all good!!

tecumseh:
and an occasional liberal (<the word suggest liberating or unconfining) just to keep the conversation interesting.

as far as I can discern ********* (at one time a very politically incorrect word in the state of Louisiana, but now though to be admirable) molasses, and ******** come in a variety of curious flavors.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
no Iddee he is just another flawed bee keeper like his conservative* brother.

*to be quite honest I have NO idea at the current time what words like conservative or liberal might actually mean since self profess conservative appear not to desire to conserve and liberal appear to have no interest in liberating. shades of "1984" and double speak I presume. :confused:

·
Registered
978 Posts
Well I sure like being a welfare recipient then if letting hives swarm is giving away welfare... then collecting them must be collecting welfare, right?

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
*to be quite honest I have NO idea at the current time what words like conservative or liberal might actually mean"

They are words to have fun with, like Yankee and Rebel. Neither mean anything other than a way to tease.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts