swarm at s m a school

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by schawee, Mar 20, 2011.

1. schawee

schawee New Member

2. schawee

schawee New Member

3. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Nice video.
    I usually try not to take as long when catching a swarm (guess I'm not as patient). I "mist" the bees with a fine spray of 1 to 1 sugar syrup (stops em from flying too much) and then get a box under them as best I can and then sweep them in. Set the box down and you know in a couple minutes if you got her.
    Looks like a D.Coates nuc box being used as well, got a bunch just like it. Sure are handy to have around for stuff just like this!
    Thanks for posting. :mrgreen:

4. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Hey Schawee!! :wave: Glad you found us and thanks for the video!!

5. Hobie

Hobie New Member

Based on the amount of stingers in my glove after the one (only) swarm I captured, I don't think I'd have the nerve to try your method! (Although I am truly envious.)

6. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Good to see you here, friend. Hope you like it here. Thanks for the video. Can't wait for the first call. It's been a long winter.

7. JPthebeeman

JPthebeeman New Member

Hey Iddee, I hope you don't mind another coonass on the site, I told Schawee he should join in here. :lol:

...JP

8. G3farms

G3farms New Member

coonasses, molasses, rednecks...........its all good!!

9. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Hey, I've lived in the area. It is a small conversion from redneck to coonass. I can make it quickly. Glad to see him here.

10. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

G3 writes:
    coonasses, molasses, rednecks...........its all good!!

tecumseh:
    and an occasional liberal (<the word suggest liberating or unconfining) just to keep the conversation interesting.

as far as I can discern coonasses (at one time a very politically incorrect word in the state of Louisiana, but now though to be admirable) molasses, and rednecks come in a variety of curious flavors.

11. Iddee

Iddee New Member

I guess a beek is a liberal every time his hives cast a swarm, isn't he? :p :D

12. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

no Iddee he is just another flawed bee keeper like his conservative* brother.

*to be quite honest I have NO idea at the current time what words like conservative or liberal might actually mean since self profess conservative appear not to desire to conserve and liberal appear to have no interest in liberating. shades of "1984" and double speak I presume. :confused:

13. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Well I sure like being a welfare recipient then if letting hives swarm is giving away welfare... then collecting them must be collecting welfare, right?

14. Iddee

Iddee New Member

*to be quite honest I have NO idea at the current time what words like conservative or liberal might actually mean"

They are words to have fun with, like Yankee and Rebel. Neither mean anything other than a way to tease.