Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a swarm call today out at the flying J truck stop. They thought the bees were swarming on the roof but after a look around I found that they were actually on one of the trucks that was parked. I talked to the truck driver and he had come North out of Florida... didn't surprise me because the bees were very aggressive. I got popped about 100' from the swarm and countless other people were getting stung as well. Too aggressive for me so I sprayed them with soap and water to kill them after collecting a sample for the state apiculturist.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Should have called, thats only a few miles from the house.

You would have been mad too having to ride on the outside of a trailer all the way from Florida :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heh, I thought about calling actually... but then I thought, better to just off 'em... when I say these suckers were aggressive, I mean bunches of people got stung hundreds of feet from the swarm. They were on me as soon as I got out of the truck. You remember that big cutout I did on Fathers day where I got stung more than 3 dozen times? These girls while swarming made those girls who had a hive to protect look tame. When I called Mike Struder and started telling him about the circumstances of being on a truck that came up from FL, he just said "uh-oh".

I would guess that at least 20 or more people got stung including some customers that were on the other side of the building pumping gas some 200' from the swarm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts