Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the swarm i hived last Wednesday built up 6 frames as of Saturday and I thought I saw eggs. I figured i'd see larvae tonight but what I found is that they had stopped drawing new comb, no visible larvae or eggs. Should I give them a few more days or should I be ordering a queen? I've only got two other hives that were just started so i'm not sure I have the resources to give this hive a frame of eggs and brood.

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
With the weather and blooms we are having this year, I would shake the bees off a frame with eggs from one of the new hives and give it to them, if you want the hive. If not, combine them with the weaker of the new hives.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well dang, after i posted this I ran out to the car to get some pieces of comb I cut out because the foundation was sagging really bad (another thread there). We got to looking under better light and the comb I cut out has eggs (one per cell) and larvae. I'm going to give them a couple more days before doing anything. I should see capped brood by the end of the weekend. I'm going to start feeding syrup to stimulate wax production.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts