Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Again I cannot tell youwhpo took the picture in most casesKare or I.

# of the same swarm.






Yikes they are in my fith wheel.






:mrgreen: Al
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Random swarm picture.



3 of the same.






Both sides of the fence.


Another random one.



Merry Christmas every one Ours is a two day event the eve and the day it's self.

:mrgreen: Al
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
getting them out f your camper there must have been interesting! anyway, enjoyed the pics. :coolphotos:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The fith wheel doesn't belong to us. We are on a call list so the ownerws called us. I figured they were wasp but since they wetre willing to pay the $25.00 service call we were not out any thing if we got there and they were indeed wasp. :D I even told the people to hook up to the fith wheel and take it to a trailer repair place and tell them they had a :shock: buzzing noise by the pin.
Any way the owner started removing screws when I saw they were honey bees so I could get to them.
Wasn't much comb and it was bright yellow so I figured a swarm had just moved in whith in days.

I carry a small Camera in the pick up all the time. Can't any one say whare is the camera when you want one.

:mrgreen: Al
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Vacum job.


Cut the tree down.




Shake in.






:mrgreen: Al
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another vacum job.








Another cut the tree down. It is also intresting that this swarm is at a beekeepers and he didn't want any more than the 4 colonies he had. He also had honey supers on his hives.


:mrgreen: Al
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cut the limb off and carry it down the ladder.





Vacum jobs.




Swarm on the ground.


And a shake out.


The 12 ga shot gun swarm.


:mrgreen: Al
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can not say a bad word about those ugly groomed lawns. I just know my lawn doesn't look like those nor will it. I have gotten so many swarms from places like that it isn't funny. Seems as though most are true tree huggers and can't see the swarms being killed. They can not just leave them be to find their own home because 97% are alergic but don't carry and epi pen. The other 3% had ties to a beekeeper in their past some place and know a bee keeper could make good use of them.


:mrgreen: Al
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
when I first started doingf swarm calls I had let some gfo because they were to high in trees to get at. The fellow that got me hooked on bees in the first place said I should carry a 12ga shot gun for when all else fails.
The swarm was in a rual area, my 24 foot extention ladder and 16 foot limb pruner would still not reach.
Out came the 12ga, the drum for Kare. I shot the limb off behind the cluster and they fell still clinging onto the limb which landed nearly on the waiting hive and frames. Kare started her drumming and the flying bees landed in the hive and marched right in, Took about 2 1/2 hours.

May favorite swarm capture picture. It is a story in it's self.





:mrgreen: Al
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top