swarms are movin'

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by BeeHunter, Sep 8, 2010.

1. BeeHunter

BeeHunter New Member

I got 3 calls today. 2 for trouble bee's in homes. So I'll do cutouts on them and another was a swarm in a tree. It fit in a nuc just right. Good timing, I was grafting some queen cells into some nucs to make some queens for my hives to requeen soon. Not many calls this year.

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

I agree with you not many calls at all. For me...........zero swarm calls, one bee tree and a couple of cut outs is all.

glad to hear you are getting to do a little bee work, even though it is getting kind of late in the year for cut outs.

3. BeeHunter

BeeHunter New Member

yeah its late all right. I may just try to incooporate a nuc and feed feed feed. I have a couple others I'll be feeding this year anyway. Thinking of making a 5 nuc lid w/ a trough feeder.???

4. rast

rast New Member

I got a call today. Cutout required from description, 35 miles away. High income area. Oh no, I'm not paying you to get them out, I giving them to you. 2 like that this month.
    Thanks, but no thanks.

5. G3farms

G3farms New Member

You should have said, "if you are giving them to me, just bring them on over!"

Free bees, yeah right.

6. rast

rast New Member

Make that 3 call's now this month wanting no charge bee removal.

7. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

beekeepers are suppose to work for free rast... they are all communist... don't ya' know?

invariable it is the folks with the highest incomes that seem quite adamant that 1) I as a beekeeper I need to come to their place and take care of THEIR problem right NOW and 2) I also need to do this for free.