Table Saw + Carelessness = Oops

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Walt B, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

Walt your wife is a patient woman. Glad you are ok

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Beekeeper Walt(er)
    Sat in the corner
    Eating a Christmas pie.
    He put in his thumb
    And pulled out a plum
    And said 'What a lucky boy am I'.
    plum pie.jpg

3. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

Nice to hear Walt. I was hoping to see a picture of the thumb with out the bandage.

4. Marbees

Marbees Member

Walt, happy for you and your wife :smile:
    No doubt, it was a huge pressure, for both of you.

5. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm Active Member

Glad to see things turned out good Walt.:thumbsup: Was wondering if you will be able to thumb the guitar and sing anytime soon.:grin: Speaking of table saws,my old craftsman bought back in the 60's would only grunt and the blade would turn slowly, and the lights in the shop would blink when i turned it on? Thinking it had a dead short in the motor and 50+ years old i went (with my wife) to Lowes and bought a new one(a Porter Power).I got it home and after 3 hours of reading instruction and putting it together (still have some parts left over), i walked by my old one, that is made of metal, patted the top of it telling it good by, and flipped the switch one more time and it run like nothing was ever wrong and hasn't failed to run since?:???: I like some of the new features on the new one better, but the only thing on it that's metal is the table top:roll:, everything else is plastic.My wife and i looked other places( started at Sears):roll: before i bought this one, and there all made that way now. To make things worse,my wife thinks that i made up the story that my table saw blew up, and is telling everyone that i made it up to get a new table saw:cool: Jack

6. Walt B

Walt B Active Member

A friend stopped by and said that she knew someone who lost part of a thumb and plays the guitar without a problem. I said , "Great. And I couldn't even play the guitar before." (da tum da tum drum roll) :roll: My table saw is metal; bought it in the early 90's from Grizzly.

Won't be posting any photos of the thumb for quite awhile. It's going to take some time for it to look "normal".

Walt