talk about bad luck

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by riverrat, Jun 29, 2011.

1. riverrat

riverrat New Member

I have a hive out on alfalfa north of town. Didnt really produce much honey on the alfalfa in years past since the farmer cuts it for dairy hay. Anyhow I was told he was taking it out of alfalfa this spring. The hive has always done better in production in the fall flow than the spring. do to being close to the river and wild flowers. I went ahead and put 4 supers on it this spring and a queen excluder. Thinking I might catch a small flow and wouldnt have to super it for fall. A week after I supered the hive the farmer came in and disked the field under. After which I havent been back out since I got busy. I do programming work for the guy across the road and needed to go out there today and go over some parts we are working on. Low and behold the field was in a hard bloom of alfalfa guy I do work for said he ran a disc over it and never came back. I got one heavy hive over there. got 3 more a mile west. The bad news is he was swathing it tonight when I left. But theres another field less than a half mile away in a full bloom. ah the bad bad luck looked like jfk airport on the landing board
    :yahoo: :Dancing:

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

sounds good to me, wish I had bad luck like that.

3. LtlWilli

LtlWilli New Member

YUP---send me some bad luck like that...I could use some. :thumbsup:
    LtlWilli

4. milapostol

milapostol New Member

What terrible luck! ;) You can send such luck my way!