Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
It'll soon be fixed. All paychecks will go direct deposit to the government and they will issue you bread crumbs and water as needed.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yeah.... I had that little meeting a few days ago. As it turns out, good old uncle Sam is a gay pedophile and he likes the way my jeans fit. :shock:
I'm buying some more property this year to protect myself from next years plundering.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
And I'ved considered selling mine, buying an acre or 2 somewhere and living in my motorhome. Very important, wife agrees.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
whining seems to be popular at this time of year and the pitch of the whiners seems especially shrill from those folks with gold plated spoons stuck in their months.

I will assume all the above make somewhat less that 250 K per year.... if yes then you do pay a flat tax. anyone making in excess of 250 K gets to pay on a downward sliding scale.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Personally, my gripe is the PA state tax. This year I lost quite a bit when a company in which I owned stock went belly up. Pennsylvania, in it's infinite wisdom, has a space where you record capital gains, but "if a loss, enter zero." You make it, they tax it. You lose it, you just lose it. And this is fair?

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Freedom isn't Free, many have given their lives to keep it that way. I'm not a world traveler, but what i've seen and heard over my lifetime from the news and from people that have been there, i'll pay more to live in the good old USA. Jack

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
tecumseh said:
whining seems to be popular at this time of year and the pitch of the whiners seems especially shrill from those folks with gold plated spoons stuck in their months.
Hardly :roll: But here's some griping:

My gripe is the complexity of the whole process, I have my own business plus have a regular job, my wife works for a big company but maintains a home office and telecommutes, we claim my step son every other year, we sold and bought a home, and exercised stock options on 2 occasions. For a simpleton like me the paper trail is unbelievable :)

Don't even get me started on state taxes, Colorado in all their infinite wisdom have decided to tax internet commission sales that don't originate in or ship to Colorado. You already pay taxes on the income, now they want a tax on the merchandise, Amazon decided it was more hassle than it was worth to sort out that mess and sent all Colorado amazon affiliates a letter saying our accounts have been closed...

Sorry for the rant, the amazon thing really got me going ;-)

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Every time money changes hands the govt wants to stick their hand in for a piece of the action.

I think some day cash money will be a thing of the past and all "money transactions" will be done on a debit type card issued by the govt. (from the govt. owned banks) and taxes will be taken accordingly, you will not have a chance to whine about it.

G3

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
charles writes:
My gripe is the complexity of the whole process

tecumseh:
yep..

simple might also encourage less cheating? which could actually lead to the government collecting more taxes... which at this point in life I can't decide if that would be a good thing or a bad thing????

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
As a pantheist even I know the 666 story rather well.

:mrgreen: Al

1 - 16 of 16 Posts