Tax day

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BjornBee, Apr 6, 2010.

1. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

Today is the day. Tax day. Appointment with the accountant tonight. Then the monkey is lifted. :drinks:

Would be whole lot simpler with a flat tax rate and a one page form... :thumbsup:

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

It'll soon be fixed. All paychecks will go direct deposit to the government and they will issue you bread crumbs and water as needed.

3. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

Not me. :thumbsup: I'll be shot in the revolution fighting for the anarchists and freedom fighters before that happens.... :Dancing:

4. Iddee

Iddee New Member

It's already 60% complete. There'll never be a shot fired.

5. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

Thats' why it's 60% complete.... ;)

6. cow pollinater

cow pollinater New Member

Yeah.... I had that little meeting a few days ago. As it turns out, good old uncle Sam is a gay pedophile and he likes the way my jeans fit. :shock:
    I'm buying some more property this year to protect myself from next years plundering.

7. rast

rast New Member

And I'ved considered selling mine, buying an acre or 2 somewhere and living in my motorhome. Very important, wife agrees.

8. Charles

Charles New Member

We did ours last night. I have to agree with the flat tax idea, they make it harder and harder every year :confused:

9. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

whining seems to be popular at this time of year and the pitch of the whiners seems especially shrill from those folks with gold plated spoons stuck in their months.

I will assume all the above make somewhat less that 250 K per year.... if yes then you do pay a flat tax. anyone making in excess of 250 K gets to pay on a downward sliding scale.

10. Hobie

Hobie New Member

Personally, my gripe is the PA state tax. This year I lost quite a bit when a company in which I owned stock went belly up. Pennsylvania, in it's infinite wisdom, has a space where you record capital gains, but "if a loss, enter zero." You make it, they tax it. You lose it, you just lose it. And this is fair?

11. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Freedom isn't Free, many have given their lives to keep it that way. I'm not a world traveler, but what i've seen and heard over my lifetime from the news and from people that have been there, i'll pay more to live in the good old USA. Jack

12. Charles

Charles New Member

Hardly :roll: But here's some griping:

My gripe is the complexity of the whole process, I have my own business plus have a regular job, my wife works for a big company but maintains a home office and telecommutes, we claim my step son every other year, we sold and bought a home, and exercised stock options on 2 occasions. For a simpleton like me the paper trail is unbelievable :)

Don't even get me started on state taxes, Colorado in all their infinite wisdom have decided to tax internet commission sales that don't originate in or ship to Colorado. You already pay taxes on the income, now they want a tax on the merchandise, Amazon decided it was more hassle than it was worth to sort out that mess and sent all Colorado amazon affiliates a letter saying our accounts have been closed...

Sorry for the rant, the amazon thing really got me going ;-)

13. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Every time money changes hands the govt wants to stick their hand in for a piece of the action.

I think some day cash money will be a thing of the past and all "money transactions" will be done on a debit type card issued by the govt. (from the govt. owned banks) and taxes will be taken accordingly, you will not have a chance to whine about it.

G3

14. Iddee

Iddee New Member

That's when I trade a hive for a quarter beef. A jar of honey for gasoline, ETC.

15. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

charles writes:
    My gripe is the complexity of the whole process

tecumseh:
    yep..

simple might also encourage less cheating? which could actually lead to the government collecting more taxes... which at this point in life I can't decide if that would be a good thing or a bad thing????

16. alleyyooper

alleyyooper New Member

As a pantheist even I know the 666 story rather well.

:mrgreen: Al