Tax Return

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side...PG-13' started by Hog Wild, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Hog Wild

Hog Wild New Member

Tax Return

I got my Tax Return "Returned"
    I was trying to get a jump on doing my taxes this year, however, the IRS sent my Tax Return back!!

I guess it was because of my response to the line, which said: "List All Dependents"

So, I replied,
    12 million illegal immigrants,
    3 million crack heads,
    42 million unemployable people on food stamps,
    2 million people in over 243 prisons, and
    535 fools in the U.S. House and Senate.

Apparently, this was NOT acceptable.

So I sent it back with a question,
    "Did I forget someone?" :grin:

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

This forum is for jokes, not truths. :shock: :grin:

3. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Not to worry, they WILL get back to you!!

4. jim314

jim314 New Member

5. jmblakeney

jmblakeney New Member

Thats one of the better ones I've heard in a while. Thanks for it.

6. dr.buzz

dr.buzz New Member

And they said, "Yeah, you are about 8 million illegals short."

7. BoilerJim

BoilerJim New Member

That was really good, Hog.:thumbsup:

8. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

a snip..
    "Did I forget someone?"

tecumseh:
    lets see how about... 1) all the farmers (some very large corporate agricultural concerns are included here) that receive a subsidy check, 2) the various corporation that report record profits but pay no tax (remember Enron?), 3) the 50000 mega rich families that pay less as a percent of their earned money than the waitress down at the local cafe (and just as curious about the same number of US citizens with 'hidden' Swiss bank accounts... just another coincidence I would guess? :wink: ).

The current tax code is currently constructed to exact money from the working folks in favor of the very very rich. If you work and have taxes deducted from your pay then your problem is with the rich and folks receiving income from sources other than work (stock bonus, interest, and royalties from things like books usually applies here). You need not blame the poor, drug addicts (I am not certain I see your connection there), some illegal person (all working extremely hard typically for some minimum pay as far as I can tell.. and again this connection seem a bit stretched to me), the mentally ill, or incarcerated folks for this situation.

The various member of Congress I do think deserve a bit of blame for this problem.

just my two denaro...

ps.... my tax refund check arrived today. what a great country we live in that send you a bonus at the end of the year :lol: .

9. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Let's see now. If there's two multi-billion dollar mistakes, that makes the first one acceptable. Is that the point you are trying to make?

At least we can agree on the fact that it's the fault of congress. FOR BOTH!

Isn't it wonderful to be able to call the return of an extortion overpayment a bonus?

10. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

the reference to 'multi-billion dollar mistakes' I am not sure what you are alluding to there Iddee. what mistake are we talking about here?

I myself try not to make many of those multi million dollar mistakes... at least not in consecutive years where I cannot deduct the mistake from my current earning (and thereby have the government chip in my tax rate in the form of a write off for my own failing) what a beautiful country we live in where OUR government chips in for part of my loss ... right?

now the mistake to double you fica and social security TAXES so that the very rich could have their tax rate cut in half once and then cut in half again.... then (and not so long afterward) to double these TAXES again and do the same thing again <I should point out here that this was done in one Democratic and one Republican administration so there is plenty of blame to spread around no matter what you political leanings.

it does appears pretty obvious to me that someone benefited from this action and someone else paid. meanwhile the marginal tax rate on 'the average' wage earner is exactly the same even after all those promise that tax reduction would lead us all to that golden city on the hill.

I am also not certain why anyone would use the word extortion in regards to paying whatever is their legitimate tax obligations??? as far as I can tell if you are in a situation where by you cannot pay your legitimate tax obligation no one breaks your leg, takes your first born son hostage or throw you in jail simply because you cannot physically pay this obligation. as far as I know OUR government is perfectly willing to give you plenty of time to raise the fund to cover this RESPONSIBILITY. tax fraud or lying about your legitimate tax obligations will of course get you tossed in the slammer (and those 50000 hidden Swiss Bank accounts certainly suggest there is a bit of that).

11. Iddee

Iddee New Member

First multi-billion dollar mistake, spending tax money that does not benefit the MAJORITY of our CITIZENS. Welfare is not the fed's responsibility, whether to an individual or corporation.

Second multi-billion dollar mistake, unequal taxing of people, citizens or not, and corporations.

If congress would keep within their legal rights, we all could pay a legitimate tax rate rather than the extortion rate we pay now, and there would still be a surplus in the treasury.

No, neither the republicans nor the democrats could get it screwed up this bad alone.They had to conspire together to ever make it so terrible.

12. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

well Iddee hate to break the news to you but congress, the president and the supreme court defines what is within their legitimate legal rights. as of now large corporation and multi national companies have more rights than you or I as individuals <and who owns and controls the great majority of these would seem to be a legitimate question here.

it would seem to me that unequal taxation does have merit.... although a large number of our citizens seem to have reality flipped on it's head and think we still have a progressive system of taxation... when the real and obvious structure of our current system is quite regressive. so the working folks who have little pay the highest percent of their income in taxes and the rich pay half the rate (all documentation of this is without deductions so the final marginal tax rate for the rich is even less than stated and since work folks claim very little in deduction this factor really doesn't matter in the final calculation).

the majority is likely not such a good word either although I do get your gist here. my father would have said... what is good for ALL the people.

I myself look at welfare (wish we didn't need it, but never much like the looks of starving masses either) as 'insuring domestic tranquility'. it doesn't take long in reading just a bit of history to come across the ugly down side of when folks grow hungry and restless. who would prefer beggars on the street or the sight of starving children begging for whatever the rich and connected might toss their way?

it just seems to me that there is a bit of envy and greed buried into these kinds of conversation... about these kinds of topics.... although for the life of me I cannot understand why folks point their finger first at the 'least of these' and powerless folks while presuming the rich and connect are doing such great things for everyone and are such positive attributes to society. to my way of thinking the bible and common sense should suggest just the opposite. of course some folks seem to believe that 'greed is the greatest good' ... although I could certainly point them to some good reading material that would suggest they are simply confused.

an Iddee snip..
    No, neither the republicans nor the democrats could get it screwed up this bad alone.

tecumseh:
    well actually the term that connects the two is conservative.... both of the prior referenced administration were considered in their own time to be relatively conservative.

and finally... a reasonable rate of taxation is necessary to pay for the essential functions of government no matter how you might define the word essential. I am not suggesting here any person (individual) should pay less or more but that the structure of our taxes is not sustainable, extremely unequal and unjust. at the end of the day and with my economist hat firmly in place... the current tax structure is also likely a drag on both growth and innovation.

13. Iddee

Iddee New Member

That's what I said. You just changed the words. Other than this>>>> ""congress, the president and the supreme court defines what is within their legitimate legal rights.""

It looks like the libs have convinced even you that the constitution is dead, and no longer has meaning.

14. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

on the lighter side of this discussion, famous quote, don't know who said it:

"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

15. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

an Iddee snip...
    You just changed the words.

tecumseh:
    no I did not. I simple corrected you 'blame' to include all the branches of government.

nice quote riverbee.

an Iddee snip..
    It looks like the libs have convinced even you that the constitution is dead, and no longer has meaning.

tecumseh:
    and fox news, rush limp-ball* and lots of very rich folks have convinced you that the constitution is very much a dead instrument, much like latin is to the language folks. any unchanging and inflexible document is in truth dead. if you consider this document as inflexible then it is you that have defined it as dead.. not I. they also seem to have convinced a lot of what I would call hard working middle class folks that their agenda will in some way benefit the working class. I would suggest this appears to be delusional thinking to believe the rich and very well connected have any concern for working folks.. their action says they don't. Continue down this delusional path and I would wager that your grandchildren will be even more impoverished than their parents.

most liberals (and frankly I don't know many of those) very much believe that the constitution is living and thereby constantly changing instrument. I suspect most moderate folks look at it in much the same way???

*the real ha ha here is that both of these media source constantly use and blame 'main stream media' which must provide all these overpaid talking head a great belly laugh any time they look into a mirror. ​

16. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Again, we both believe the system is broken, and the problem lies on both sides the fence. It's just that you want to smear the feces on one side the fence, and I want to smear it on the other side. :roll: :grin:

17. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

:lol: :rolling: :rotfl:

Pass the popcorn! :wink:

You guys think it's bad there? How about a government that has just decided anyone born after April 1st 1958 will no longer get their Old Age Pension at age 65 anymore, they will now have to work until age 67! (by the way, I was born in June 1958) :shock: Guess I'm one of the first to the getting screwed over party! :doh::lol:

18. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Perry, our screwballs have already did that. It is increasing in 6 month increments and "I think" their ultimate goal is 70.

19. Hog Wild

Hog Wild New Member

WOW!!! I have been away from the computer since I posted this chasing turkeys through the woods;as Iddee eloquently termed it, I did not intend to start a "feces" storm regarding the subject! I think we can all agree; ITS A BROKE A$$ SYSTEM! :thumbsup:

20. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Hispalette, we have to have a little fun now and then. Tell hubby there was nothing wrong with that post.

Hog Wild, you didn't start it. Me and tec did. We do that now and then just to see who's awake. :grin: