TBH swamed this morning

Discussion in 'Top Bar & other Alternative Hives' started by TreeWinder, Jul 28, 2013.

1. TreeWinder

TreeWinder New Member

50' feet up and they'll stay there until the scouts decide. I'm not heading up to them. They came from my best TBH that I split a while ago so I must have missed a queen cell or two. I've got a couple of hive traps out so maybe get lucky. swarm1.jpg

2. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

Hate to see that hopefully they will inhabit one of your traps.

3. tmrschessie

tmrschessie New Member

Any more on this one yet? Tom

4. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

You're not alone Ed. I've arrived at several hives this year, only to find myself a day or two too late. Life's like that. On the bright side you will now have a young queen heading into winter which increases the overwintering chances.

5. TreeWinder

TreeWinder New Member

I just talked to the wife, they are still there although higher up. Had heavy thunderstorms over night, but they held together. I'm out of town till end of week so getting daily updates.
    I'm surrounded by forest and have dozens of possible hollow trees and my out buildings. I still hopeful, but somewhere along the time I remember being said the longer they stay near the original hive, the further they eventually go. Maybe my grandfather told me that or something I read.

6. TreeWinder

TreeWinder New Member

They left today between 2 & 3pm. Longer in the tree than I would have expected.