Sky high cut-out: Bees not where we thought. The cavity where they were entering had been sprayed 2 years ago so it was full of comb that the bees would not use. Instead, they walked down to the next cavity and set up shop. We removed a bunch of the old comb and then started the bee-vac. We never did find the queen but Adam banded 8 frames of brood. We found an interesting debris pile carefully piled and covered up as well. Adam was kind enough to talk to the newspaper lady (I'm not good at talking much). :lol: There were many nooks and cranny's that bees ran into so we were not sure we got the queen (never did find her). Rather than open the bottom of the vac to see if any stragglers or late foragers would find the hive, and possibly lose the ones we had vac'd, we opened up the top hole on the vac so foragers could crawl in but the captured bees couldn't leave. We misted them down with water, and the night time temps should be OK. When Paul and I went back just as it got dark, we found only a handful of bees wandering around aimlessly (pollen baskets still full) and did not see a cluster of any kind. There is one small opening where we could see a few bees but not many. I hope we have her because I intend to move the hive early tomorrow morning. Paul and I will then replace the facia boards and seal it up. I want to thank Adam and Paul. Adam, as chaotic as it seemed at times, I had a blast. I will sleep well tonight though, this was a long day.