That's one heck of a note!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by barry42001, May 2, 2012.

1. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

I had hives I had just installed packages, 3 to be exact. Last checked them April 12, left for the keys on April 15. Drove by today May 2, just looking for activity and did a double, if not triple take. I was one hive short. Got off my goldwing, checked for wind blown equipment, none just one less hive, Clay County Sheriff tomorrow for official report...nice welcome back ?!?!
    Barry

2. Zulu

Zulu Member

Sorry to hear that, that really sucks.

3. jim314

jim314 New Member

Wow, sorry to hear that!

4. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

I talked to a commercial beek in the area, she stated that there is a circle stealing bees, for excellant profit my packages cost me 115 per package not to mention the equipment thet made up the hive, were someone to sell it for 150, with no expense to themself, repeating that hundreds of times--yeah you could make some money.

5. Zulu

Zulu Member

Really sorry to hear this.

Time to look again at branding or using a router to make a mark on them externally.

I am making my own cheap branding iron , I bought 1" stainless letters and making up my own holder. All my boxes will be branded in the end.

6. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

at this point theft has not been a problem here. sometime back I did as zulu seems to be doing and made some brands.

7. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

That is just so not right. It's tough enough without that kind of stuff happening!