Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came home today and found this swarm out in the middle of my backyard(where all my hives are)on a picnic table 30 inches off the ground.I just slipped a bottom board and an empty hive body under them,and with one tap on the table almost all were in the hive,talk about an easy one.:thumbsup:

After that I shook off the few remaining bees in front of the hive to let the rest crawl in and moved the table away from the area.

If they stay that will be 3 of the 4 that did,one absconded last week:sad:

As they say 3 out of 4 ain't bad:thumbsup:

Beehive Pollinator Plant Insect Tree Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Cup

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
WOO HOO, I knew you could do it!! and to think, this time last year you didn't even have any bees :lol:

·
Registered
586 Posts
That's cool. Were they from one of your hives, or just showed up? I've read that a bee yard will attract swarms, but didn't know if it was true or not.

·
Registered
983 Posts
cracker that's great:thumbsup: wish you more easy ones:smile:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's cool. Were they from one of your hives, or just showed up? I've read that a bee yard will attract swarms, but didn't know if it was true or not.

Jim I'm not sure if this swarm or the other 3 were from my hives.I haven't been here when they've swarmed(all four the past week).Iddee told me last year when I thought one of my hives were swarming,and he said it could.ve been just some passerbys that smelled my apiary.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Nice one. Encouraging to see. Regret I won't be able to even check my hives for a few weeks. Time will come.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts